This 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream is great! I love that you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it as well as so few ingredients!
Vanilla Ice Cream is the most popular ice cream flavor in the United States, maybe even the world. You can enjoy it plain or with so many toppings. It goes well with root beer floats, banana splits, sundaes, on top of pies, etc. It is really fun and easy to make at home and great on a hot summer day. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients and tools
You will need just 3 ingredients to make this vanilla ice cream:
- Heavy Whipping Cream – You can’t make ice cream without cream!
- Vanilla extract – This is what gives it that yummy vanilla flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – It will add sweetness to the ice cream and help with the texture.
- plastic wrap (optional)
- Bowl with lid
Step 2: How to make 3 Ingredient Vanilla Ice Cream
In a large bowl add the heavy whipping cream. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix the cream until fully whipped with stiff peaks.
Step 3: Vanilla and Sweetened Condensed Milk
Add the can of sweetened condensed milk to the freshly made whipped cream also add the vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients with the mixer until just combined. This will make the ice cream base.
Step 4: Freeze that vanilla ice cream
Add the 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream mixture to a plastic bowl or something like a bread loaf pan will work. Then add a piece of plastic wrap on top.
Make sure to push it down so it touches the top of the ice cream. This will help prevent ice crystals from forming. Add a lid to the bowl and stick it in the freezer.
After about 4 hours the consistency will resemble soft serve vanilla ice cream. Leave it in for a few more hours or overnight for a more traditional ice cream consistency.
Step 5: Scoop that homemade vanilla ice cream
Once the ice cream has hardened scoop it out and serve it however you like.
Now it is time to serve up that creamy ice cream. It will taste a bit different than a traditional custard-style churn ice cream recipe that was made in an ice cream maker. But hey it still tastes great and is super duper easy to make. Give this simple sweet treat a try sometime! Enjoy.
How long does homemade 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream last?
If stored in an airtight container in the freezer the delicious homemade ice cream will last a few weeks before crystallization happens.
Can I add fresh fruit to this easy homemade ice cream recipe?
Yes! You can fold in a strawberry puree or fresh strawberries, peach puree, other fresh berries, etc. Just add them after the whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk have been mixed together.
How can I make chocolate ice cream?
If you would like to make chocolate ice cream it is pretty much identical to this. Just follow this no churn chocolate ice cream recipe. It only takes 3 ingredients as well.
Here are a few other recipes you may like:
3 Ingredient No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Plastic wrap (optional)
- Bowl with lid
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream 500ml
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract 5ml
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk 397g
- Begin by adding the heavy whipping cream to a large bowl and mixing it until stiff peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk and mix until just combined.
- Pour the vanilla ice cream base into a freezer-safe bowl. Add plastic wrap so it covers and touches the top of the ice cream. Add the lid and place it in the freezer for 6 hours or more. If you like soft-serve it will be ready in about 4 hours.
- Serve the ice cream with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Do you like this easy recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.