I love using my air fryer, everything is much quicker and easier. And sometimes you just want quick and easy. One of my favorite breakfasts to make is this air fryer bacon and egg toast. It comes together in minutes and is done super fast.
If you are a fan of the air fryer, and like trying new air fryer recipes, give this air fryer bacon and egg toast recipe a try. It is incredibly easy to make with just three or four ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get air frying!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients and equipment
In order to make air fryer bacon and egg toast, you need just a few ingredients and tools/equipment:
- Bacon – You can’t make bacon and egg toast without the bacon! You can use whatever kind of bacon that you want.
- Eggs – Use any size of egg that you want.
- Bread – You can use your favorite bread or use this amazing homemade white bread.
- Pepper – This is an optional spice, but I always like to add it.
- Salt – I don’t normally add salt to the egg, because bacon is already pretty salty, but you certainly can add it a long with other spices.
- Air Fryer – This is a highly-rated air fryer and the one that I own. But you can use whatever air fryer that you want, it doesn’t have to be this one. Here is the air fryer review I did about the one I own if you are interested in learning more about it.
Step 2: How to make air fryer bacon and egg toast
Begin by cracking the egg and placing it into a small bowl. While this isn’t necessary, It gives your better control over the egg. And you really don’t want to break the yolk. If that happens I would use another egg, and make french toast or scrambled eggs with the broken one.
Now add two slices of bread (or one) to your air fryer basket. You can use whatever kind of bread that you want. One of my favorite brands of white bread, if I am not using my homemade bread, is called Nature’s Own. It is a little more expensive than the store-brand white bread, but it is so good.
Take a bacon strip and curl it around on top of the slice of bread to form a nest or little basket. This will hold the egg, so it doesn’t run all over the place.
Step 3: Eggsellent eggs and bacon toast
Now pour the egg into the middle of the bacon nest. It should contain the egg nicely. If a little runs out that is perfectly fine.
Sprinkle on some black pepper and salt if desired. Like I mentioned above, I don’t normally add salt, because the bacon is plenty salty already for me. Other spices you may like to add are paprika or something spicy like red pepper.
Place the air fryer basket back in the air fryer and set the temp to 350F/176C.
Cook the air fryer bacon and egg toast for 10 minutes. Then remove the basket. The toast should be nice and golden brown and the egg and bacon strip should be nice and cooked.
NOTE: If you are using really thick bacon, form the bacon basket right in the air fryer by itself and cook the bacon for about 3 to 4 minutes first. Otherwise, the normal 10 minutes may not be enough to cook it all the way.
Remove the toast with your hands, don’t touch the air fryer basket, and place it on a plate. You can use a spatula too if you like.
Eat the toast with your hands or use a fork and knife. The egg should have a half runny and half firm yolk. If you don’t want any run to your yolk, cook for an additional 2 minutes or so, maybe longer, depending on your air fryer. Although your bread might get too brown.
Such a quick and easy breakfast, start to finish, it is ready in 12 to 13 minutes. A bacon and egg lover’s dream, haha.
How long does air fryer bacon and egg toast last?
It should be eaten right away. I don’t recommend making more than is going to be eaten. But it will last a day or two in the fridge. The toast will get soggy, and it just won’t taste as good, however.
Here are other yummy air fryer recipes you may like:
Air Fryer Bacon and Egg Toast
- Air Fryer
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pieces of bread
- Pepper if desired
- Salt if desired
- Crack open one egg and place it in a small bowl.
- Pull out the air fryer basket and place two slices of bread or one slice if you only want one.
- Curl a slice of bacon and put it on top of each slice of bread to form a little nest or basket.
- Pour an egg into each "bacon nest" and then sprinkle with pepper or salt if desired.
- Replace air fryer basket and cook 10 minutes at 350F/176C.
- Remove the basket and use a spatula or your fingers to remove the air fryer bacon and egg toast. Then serve. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. Save the Pin to Pinterest! If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!