If you are a fan of Brussels sprouts you have got to try this air fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe. They are super quick and easy to make and really delicious. Crispy and healthy, these Brussels sprouts are ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
More and more I have been using my air fryer for recipes, things that I would normally cook in a skillet or in the oven. And I must say, air fryers are awesome! The food gets crispy and you don’t have to worry about using all that oil. Or you don’t have to turn on that oven to cook a small amount of food.
But if air fryers aren’t your thing, I will briefly mention how to use this same preparation and just cook them in the oven.
I will admit growing up I did not like Brussels sprouts. Not at all! But it was all in the preparation and of course, my tastes have changed since I was little.
Now I absolutely love them, especially when the Brussels sprouts are cooked in the air fryer or these roasted bacon balsamic vinegar Brussels sprouts.
Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make air fryer Brussels sprouts you need just a handful of ingredients and tools:
- Brussels sprouts – I try and get the medium to small ones, but the large ones are fine too.
- Garlic powder – This is one of my favorite spices to use and it makes these taste amazing.
- Black pepper
- Olive oil – You can use other oil like avocado oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Paprika, chili powder, and red pepper are other spices you may want to try.
- Air fryer – I love this particular air fryer which I have had for about 3 years now.
- Bowl with a lid or use a bag
Step 2: How to prepare Brussels sprouts for the air fryer
Begin by rinsing and drying the Brussels Sprouts.
Next cut about 1/4 inch or so off the bottom of each one. While not necessary those ends are just not very appetizing. But if you need to save time, this is where you can save it, by not cutting the ends off.
Then take any really large Brussels sprouts and cut them in half or even into quarters. Place them all in a medium bowl or in a plastic bag. You want them all to be relatively the same size so they cook more evenly in the air fryer.
TIP: Make sure to add any bits or leaves that fall to the bowl as well and later to the air fryer. These crisp up really nicely and create Brussels sprouts chips which are so amazing!
Now drizzle on a bit of olive oil or other cooking oil like avocado oil. The oil is not necessary but it adds flavor as well as helps the Brussels sprouts crisp up in the air fryer. It also helps keep the seasonings on the Brussels sprouts.
Sprinkle on the garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. You can add paprika as well if you like or any other spices.
Cover the bowl with a lid or if doing it in a bag close the bag. Then shake so the Brussels sprouts get evenly coated.
Step 3: Cooking Brussels sprouts in the air fryer
Add all the seasoned Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket and spread them out evenly in one layer. In mine, I can do a full pound of Brussels sprouts without any of them overlapping.
Set the temperature to 350F/176C (doesn’t have to be exact), then set the time for about 12 minutes.
Cook for 6 minutes then remove the basket and give them a shake to promote even cooking. Then replace the basket and cook another 6 minutes or so until nice and golden brown in spots.
And just like that, they are ready!
Allow them to cool for a few minutes and then serve them.
How long do Brussels sprouts, cooked in an air fryer, last?
After being cooked the Brussels sprouts will last 3 to 5 days in the fridge. They will be the most crispy a few minutes after cooking. You can warm them back up in the air fryer, microwave, or oven.
Here are other air fryer recipes that you may like:
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Bowl with a lid or use bag
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts rinsed and dried (454g)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder 2g
- 1/4 tsp of salt 1g
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper 1g
- 2 tsp of olive oil 10ml
- Other seasonings include paprika, chili powder, red pepper, etc.
- Rinse and dry the Brussels sprouts
- Trim off the ends of each one, about 1/4th of an inch.
- Cut any really large ones in half or even into quarters.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a medium bowl or bag and then drizzle on the oil and sprinkle on all of the spices.
- Put the lid on or close the bag and shake to evenly coat them.
- Add the seasoned Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 350F/176C (doesn't have to be exact) and cook for 6 minutes. Pull out the basket and shake, then replace and cook another 6 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes then serve. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!