I am a huge fan of air fryer recipes. My air fryer gets used a lot, at least 3 to 4 times a week. One of my favorite things to make is this air fryer carrots recipe. Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables to begin with. Combine that with my love of the air fryer and you have a winning combination.
This easy air fryer recipe makes and delicious side dish for any dinner specifically a holiday dinner like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Chances are your oven will be occupied with a turkey or ham or maybe a lamb roast. Which sometimes can cause an issue with cooking other side dishes that need to go in the oven. Use the air fryer instead! Problem solved. And they even take less time than if roasted in the oven.
Let’s get started! Hit the “jump to recipe” above to get straight to the recipe card.
Ingredients and Equipment
In order to make air fryer carrots you need just a small handful of simple ingredients:
- Carrots – I really like to use baby carrots because they are already peeled and a good size. But you can use traditional large carrots as well.
- Oil – Just a small amount of cooking oil to give it flavor as well as keep the seasonings stuck to the carrots. I use olive oil or avocado oil, but you can use other oils too like coconut oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Honey – The honey makes these cooked carrots amazing.
- Butter – The butter is needed for the glaze to make honey butter-glazed air fryer carrots. Use salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt – If using salted butter you can leave the salt off or just use less of it. Use table salt or kosher salt.
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Basting brush
- Vegetable peeler – if using whole carrots and you want to peel them.
How to make roasted air fryer carrots
Begin by prepping and seasoning the carrots.
If you want to use baby carrots like me, remove them from the package and give them a good rinse. Then pat them dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel. This will help the seasonings stick.
If using standard whole carrots you can peel them or leave the peel on. But still, make sure to give them a rinse and dry them. If they are large cut them halves and even quarters. You could make air fryer carrot fries.
Place carrots in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle on the olive oil or use a cooking spray. Then add all the seasonings. If you want the roast carrots to have a bit of kick add some cayenne pepper or chili powder. Toss carrots in the bowl or use a spoon to mix them so they get evenly covered.
I love a good honey butter glaze. To make the glaze just mix together the honey and softened butter in a bowl.
Of course, you don’t have to make the glaze if you don’t want to.
How to air fry carrots
Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer then dump the carrots in. Arrange them in a single layer on the bottom of the basket using tongs or a spoon or something.
If using the glaze, baste the carrots with around half of the glaze. Save the other half.
Air fry the carrots for 8 minutes using 375F/190C. No need to preheat your air fryer.
Then remove the basket and give the basket a good shake. Baste the warm carrots with the remaining glaze.
Replace the basket in the air fryer and cook another 8 to 10 minutes until the carrots are fork-tender. The cooking time will vary depending on how large the carrots are but this works great for baby carrots.
NOTE: Cooking in the air fryer will vary depending on the type of air fryer that you have. You may have the classic basket kind like me, or you may have one that looks like a mini-oven or toaster oven. That shouldn’t matter too much for the cooking time, however, you may need to adjust slightly for your particular model.
Eat those yummy roasted carrots
It is as easy as that and an easy recipe your whole family will enjoy. Your perfect air fryer carrots are done and ready to be eaten. You will probably want to let them cool 1-2 minutes before serving.
You can add a bit more seasoning if desired as well, something like parmesan cheese is very tasty on these. Or just leave that up to the people eating them. You may also want to garnish them with fresh herbs.
This is probably my favorite way to cook and eat carrots. Enjoy!
How long do air fryer carrots last?
If kept in an airtight container or a ziplock bag these roasted carrots will last 3 to 5 days.
Can I cook the carrots in the oven instead of an air fryer?
Yes, you sure can! Set the temp to 400F/205C and place the carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Roast them for 30 to 50 minutes depending on the size of the carrots, again the cook time will vary so just cook them until fork tender.
Here are other delicious air fryer recipes that you may like:
Air Fryer Carrots
- Basting brush
- Peeler Only if using whole carrots
- 1 lb of carrots I use baby carrots
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil or any cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Pinch or two of salt
- Pinch or two of pepper
- Pinch or two of garlic powder
- Rinse and pat the baby carrots dry. If using whole carrots rinse them and peel them if desired. Then cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add the carrots to a medium bowl along with the cooking oil and all the seasonings. Give them a toss to evenly coat them.
- Combine the softened butter and honey in a small bowl to make the honey butter glaze.
- Add the seasoned carrots to the bottom of the air fryer basket and arrange them in a single layer. Baste the carrots with half of the honey butter glaze.
- Set the temperature to 375F/190C and cook the carrots for 8 minutes.
- Remove the basket and give it a good shake. Then baste the remaining glaze on the carrots.
- Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the carrots are fork-tender.
- Remove and allow them to cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Add any additional seasonings as desired. Enjoy!
Do you like this air fryer baby carrots recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. Save the Pin to Pinterest! If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.