So you want to learn how to cook cauliflower in an air fryer? Well, you have come to the right place. This air fryer cauliflower recipe is awesome and super easy to make. From start to finish it is ready in under 20 minutes.
If you are a cauliflower fan and you like air fryer recipes, give this easy recipe a try! Let’s get started!
Ingredients and Tools
To make this crispy air fryer cauliflower recipe you need just a few simple ingredients and tools:
- Cauliflower – Nothing special here, just buy whatever head of fresh cauliflower that you want.
- Salt – Use a bit of table salt or a specific flavored salt.
- Pepper – I like to use a bit of black pepper but you can use different peppers like cayenne pepper as well if you like. Or a little chili powder for some kick.
- Garlic powder – I love garlic!
- Olive oil – You can use something else like avocado oil as well. The oil isn’t necessary but adds flavor.
- Butter – If you love butter on veggies definitely add some to this air-fried cauliflower, it is so yummy.
- Cheese – Another optional ingredient but if you fancy some cheesy cauliflower add your favorite cheese. Or use something like parmesan cheese. The dried powdery stuff actually tastes really good on this!
- Air Fryer (newer version of the one I have which isn’t sold anymore – Affiliate Link. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn on qualifying purchases.)
- Cutting board
- Medium to large bowl
How to make cauliflower in an air fryer
Rinse and dry the head of cauliflower first to remove any loose dirt, etc. Then cut the green stem off.
Next, cut the cauliflower into just the florets. Make sure the pieces are bite-sized.
Place the cauliflower florets into a medium bowl.
Season the cauliflower with a bit of olive oil either a cooking spray or just drizzle it on from the bottle (or you could use melted butter), salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
I usually use a bowl with a lid. After seasoning I put the lid on the bowl and give it a good toss to evenly coat the cauliflower florets.
The seasonings are entirely optional and there are a number of other seasonings you could try if desired. Once seasoned they are ready to go in the air fryer.
Cooking the cauliflower in the air fryer
Time to air fryer that cauliflower. Add the seasoned florets in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400F/205C for 5 minutes. Remove the basket and turn the florets over to the other side using tongs, so the cauliflower cooks evenly.
Then cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cauliflower is fork tender. The cooking time will vary depending on how you like them.
TIP: If you want cheesy cauliflower add some shredded cheese on top about 3 minutes before you think they are done.
NOTE: Sometimes I will also baste them with butter. I love butter on these!
Add the finished air-fried cauliflower to a plate. Give them a taste and add more seasonings as desired. There you go the perfect side dish to go with any meal. Serve as is or with ranch dressing or another tasty dipping sauce.
How long does cooked cauliflower last?
Store the cooked cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Heat back up in the air fryer when you want to eat it.
Here are some other yummy air fryer recipes you may like:
Easy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Cutting board
- Medium Head of Cauliflower 590g
- 1/4 tsp of Salt 1g
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1g
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder 1g
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of Paprika 1g
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil 15g
- Butter is optional
- Cheese is optional
- Rinse and dry the cauliflower and then cut it into small pieces, so just the florets.
- Add the florets to a bowl and then drizzle with olive oil and add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Give them a good toss.
- Add them in a single layer to the air fryer basket. Set temp to 400F/205C for 5 minutes. Then remove the basket and turn the florets over with tongs. Cook again for 5 to 10 minutes until the edges are brown and crispy and fork tender.Baste with melted butter and/or sprinkle with shredded cheese 3 to 4 minutes before done if desired.
- Add more seasonings if desired. Enjoy!
Do you like this easy crispy cauliflower recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. Save the Pin to Pinterest! If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.