I love eating desserts. One of my favorite desserts to eat during the summer time when the peaches are in season is this amazing peach cobbler. It is so full of flavor and oh so delicious.
Cobblers are enjoyed by many people all over the world. Probably the most famous cobbler is of course the peach cobbler. This amazing peach cobbler is definitely my favorite cobbler. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are in for a real treat.
It is incredible easy to make using just a handful of everyday ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
You will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose/plain flour
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted.
- Milk – I prefer to use whole milk, but any milk will work, including almond milk.
- Baking powder
Step 2: How to make amazing peach cobbler
Begin by preheating the oven to 375 F/190 C. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 cup of the sugar.
Add the milk and whisk until the amazing peach cobbler batter is nice and smooth.
Step 3: Butter time
Melt the butter in a small bowl either with the microwave or on the stovetop. Then pour the melted butter onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Pour the peach cobbler batter on top of the melted butter in the pan. Do not stir just leave it as is.
Step 4: Cook the peaches
Slice up the peaches. You can peel them if you wish, I never do. Place a medium pot on the stovetop and set the temperature to medium heat. Then add the sliced peaches to the pot. Add the other cup of sugar and stir with a wooden spoon for a silicone spoon.
Zest a lemon and allow it to fall into the peach mixture. Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one half of the lemon into the mixture. If you want more lemon flavor to can add the juice from the other half.
Turn the heat to medium high and bring the peaches to a boil while stirring.
Step 5: Amazing peach cobbler ready to be baked
After the peaches come to a boil remove them from the heat and pour the mixture onto the top of the batter. Gently spread them evenly with your spoon. Sprinkle the top with nutmeg and cinnamon. While those are both optional ingredients, I always add them.
Step 6: Bake the peach cobbler
Bake the peach cobbler in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is nice and golden brown.
Once the cobbler comes out of the oven allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. You can add a scoop of ice cream if you like or eat it as is. Enjoy!
How long does this amazing peach cobbler last?
Store the cobbler covered in the fridge where it will keep for 4 to 5 days. I don’t usually even heat it up, I love it cold. Although it is best when it is freshly baked.
Amazing Peach Cobbler
- 13x9 baking dish
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour/Plain flour 228g
- 2 cups of Sugar 456g
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter 114g
- 1 cup of milk 237ml
- 1/2 tsp salt 2g
- 3 tsp of baking powder 14g
- 5 to 6 medium peaches approx 914g
- 1 lemon for juice 1 tbsp – 15ml, zest
- A few pinches of cinnamon
- A few pinches of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and one cup of sugar. Then add the milk and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a 13x9 baking dish. Pour the batter on top of the butter, but don't stir it in.
- Slice the peaches and peel them if desired and add them to a medium pot on the stovetop. Set the burner temp to medium. Add the other cup of sugar and the zest from a lemon. Then add the juice from half the lemon. Or if you want more lemon flavor you can add the juice from the other half.
- Stir continually and turn the heat to medium-high. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then after it boils carefully pour the mixture on top of the peach cobbler batter in the pan. Gently spread out the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake the peach cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes until nice and golden brown on top. Allow it to cool and then serve it up plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like: