Are you a fan of Big Hero 6? Do you also love peanut butter cups? If so, then you will love these awesome Baymax peanut butter cups!
I am a fan of making themed treats and desserts. Usually, l stick to cakes like this Spider-Man cake or this Detective Pikachu cake, among others. But since I love homemade peanut butter cups, I wanted to do something with them that also had a Big Hero 6 theme, so this is what I came up with.
Now you can make your own Baymax peanut butter cups too. They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make these Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups you need just a handful of ingredients:
- White chocolate – You can use the melted wafers or real chocolate, or almond bark
- Red candy melts – These work perfect, or you can use red food coloring in the white chocolate/candy melts.
- Peanut butter – You can’t make peanut butter cups without peanut butter. You can use storebought or this yummy homemade peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar – Also known as confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter
- Black icing
- Parchment paper
- Stencil – Big Hero 6 Baymax visor guide
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- Paper cups
- Muffin pan
Step 2: How to make Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups
Begin by making the peanut butter cup filling. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, salt, butter, and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined. The consistency should be like playdough.
If it is too sticky, add a little more powdered sugar.
Now it is time to melt the chocolate or candy melts. Add the chocolate or wafers to a microwave-safe bowl and then melt on HI for 25 seconds or so, then stir. Repeat the process until fully melted.
Or if you like you can melt the chocolate using the double-boiler method on the stovetop.
Spoon a full teaspoon of melted white chocolate on the bottom of the paper cups. Repeat this process with the red candy melts, if you would like to make two different kinds the white version and armored version of Baymax, which is what I always do. I mean you have to do both versions right, can do Big Hero 6 justice otherwise.
Step 3: Make the peanut butter cup filling
Take a pinch of peanut butter cup filling and shape it into a medallion. Next, place it on top of the bottom layer of white and red melted chocolate.
Then come back with the melted chocolate and cover the peanut butter. This becomes the body for the Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups.
Once you have those filled give the pan a little tap so it will even out the top layer. Place the pan in the fridge so the chocolate can firm up. It will only take 20 to 30 minutes.
Step 4: Big Hero 6 Baymax visor
Next, you need to create the visor for Baymax. You can do it freehand but using a stencil is so much easier and it winds up looking better.
Find a picture of Baymax in his armor. Just search “Baymax in armor or Big Hero 6 Armor-Up” or something like that and you will find plenty of images to choose from.
Then just find a close picture with his visor. Use some sort of photo editing tool and cut out the visor from the image. Or you can also just freehand draw the visor.
Put a piece of parchment paper over the stencil and tape it to a cutting board or something. Then add some white chocolate to a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off.
Pipe some chocolate over the visor stencil. So you are creating little white visors. Pretty neat, huh?
Once done, you can chill the visors so they firm up.
Step 5: Complete the Baymax peanut butter cups
Remove both the visors and the red and white peanut butter cups from the fridge. Add a little bit of white chocolate to the read peanut butter cups in the middle or slightly upper-middle.
Then set down the visors. The chocolate will be glue and hold down. Now use the black icing and draw on the eyeballs. Just little dots over the white visors for the red armored Baymax peanut butter cups.
Then on the unarmored Baymax draw two dots with a line going between them.
And there you go, you have 2 different styles of Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups. Some in armor and the other out of armor.
The whole thing takes less than 45 mins to make. Enjoy!
How long do the Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups last?
These peanut butter cups will last a few weeks in the fridge. Or you can also freeze them if you like.
Here are other recipes you may like:
Big Hero 6 Baymax Peanut Butter Cups
- Tube of black icing
- Muffin pan
- Paper cups
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- parchment paper
- Stencil of Baymax visor (freehand drawn or taken from online)
- 6 oz of white chocolate wafers doesn’t have to be exact (170g)
- 6 oz of red candy melts doesn’t have to be exact (170g)
- 1/4 cups of peanut butter 70g
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of Powdered Sugar Confectioner’s (35g)
- 1/2 tbsp of softened butter doesn’t have to be exact (8g)
- 1/4 tsp of salt 2g
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, salt, butter, and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and resembles playdough. Add a little more powdered sugar if too sticky.
- In separate bowls melt the white and red candy melts. Do it in the microwave with bursts of 25 seconds and then stir, or using the double-boiler method on the stovetop.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Spoon a full teaspoon of melted chocolate on the bottom of each, doesn't have to be exact.
- Grab a small amount of peanut butter filling mixture and form a disc then place it on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon more melted chocolate over the peanut butter completing the peanut butter cups. Put them in the fridge so the chocolate can firm up.
- Create a stencil with Baymax armor visor shapes. Either draw them freehand or find a picture with it online.
- Put a piece of parchment paper over the stencil and tape it down to the cutting board.
- Add white chocolate to a piping bag or sandwich bag and then fill chocolate over the visor shape. This will create a white visor for armored Baymax. Once done, put the cutting board in the fridge so the visors can firm up.
- After the chocolate has set remove both the visors and peanut butter cups from the fridge. Add a drop of white chocolate in the upper middle of each red peanut butter cup, then gently set down a white visor over it. It will act as glue and hold it in place.
- Using a small tube of black icing add dots for the eyes on the visors. Then on the white peanut butter cups add two dots with a line connecting them.
- The Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups are complete. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!