Are you a fan of Big Hero 6? Do you also love peanut butter cups? If so, then you will love these awesome Baymax peanut butter cups!
I am a fan of making themed treats and desserts. Usually, l stick to cakes like this Spider-Man cake or this Detective Pikachu cake, among others. But since I love homemade peanut butter cups, I wanted to do something with them that also had a Big Hero 6 theme, so this is what I came up with.
Now you can make your own Baymax peanut butter cups too. They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make these Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups you need just a handful of ingredients:
- White chocolate – You can use the melted wafers or real chocolate, or almond bark
- Red candy melts – These work perfect, or you can use red food coloring in the white chocolate/candy melts.
- Peanut butter – You can’t make peanut butter cups without peanut butter. You can use storebought or this yummy homemade peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar – Also known as confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter
- Black icing
- Parchment paper
- Stencil – Big Hero 6 Baymax visor guide
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- Paper cups
- Muffin pan
Step 2: How to make Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups
Begin by making the peanut butter cup filling. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, salt, butter, and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined. The consistency should be like playdough.
If it is too sticky, add a little more powdered sugar.
Now it is time to melt the chocolate or candy melts. Add the chocolate or wafers to a microwave-safe bowl and then melt on HI for 25 seconds or so, then stir. Repeat the process until fully melted.
Or if you like you can melt the chocolate using the double-boiler method on the stovetop.
Spoon a full teaspoon of melted white chocolate on the bottom of the paper cups. Repeat this process with the red candy melts, if you would like to make two different kinds the white version and armored version of Baymax, which is what I always do. I mean you have to do both versions right, can do Big Hero 6 justice otherwise.
Step 3: Make the peanut butter cup filling
Take a pinch of peanut butter cup filling and shape it into a medallion. Next, place it on top of the bottom layer of white and red melted chocolate.
Then come back with the melted chocolate and cover the peanut butter. This becomes the body for the Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups.
Once you have those filled give the pan a little tap so it will even out the top layer. Place the pan in the fridge so the chocolate can firm up. It will only take 20 to 30 minutes.
Step 4: Big Hero 6 Baymax visor
Next, you need to create the visor for Baymax. You can do it freehand but using a stencil is so much easier and it winds up looking better.
Find a picture of Baymax in his armor. Just search “Baymax in armor or Big Hero 6 Armor-Up” or something like that and you will find plenty of images to choose from.
Then just find a close picture with his visor. Use some sort of photo editing tool and cut out the visor from the image. Or you can also just freehand draw the visor.
Put a piece of parchment paper over the stencil and tape it to a cutting board or something. Then add some white chocolate to a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off.
Pipe some chocolate over the visor stencil. So you are creating little white visors. Pretty neat, huh?
Once done, you can chill the visors so they firm up.
Step 5: Complete the Baymax peanut butter cups
Remove both the visors and the red and white peanut butter cups from the fridge. Add a little bit of white chocolate to the read peanut butter cups in the middle or slightly upper-middle.
Then set down the visors. The chocolate will be glue and hold down. Now use the black icing and draw on the eyeballs. Just little dots over the white visors for the red armored Baymax peanut butter cups.
Then on the unarmored Baymax draw two dots with a line going between them.
And there you go, you have 2 different styles of Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups. Some in armor and the other out of armor.
The whole thing takes less than 45 mins to make. Enjoy!
How long do the Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups last?
These peanut butter cups will last a few weeks in the fridge. Or you can also freeze them if you like.
Here are other recipes you may like:
Star Wars Death Star Peanut Butter Cups
Big Hero 6 Baymax Peanut Butter Cups
- Tube of black icing
- Muffin pan
- Paper cups
- Piping bag or sandwich bag
- parchment paper
- Stencil of Baymax visor (freehand drawn or taken from online)
- 6 oz of white chocolate wafers doesn’t have to be exact (170g)
- 6 oz of red candy melts doesn’t have to be exact (170g)
- 1/4 cups of peanut butter 70g
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of Powdered Sugar Confectioner’s (35g)
- 1/2 tbsp of softened butter doesn’t have to be exact (8g)
- 1/4 tsp of salt 2g
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, salt, butter, and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and resembles playdough. Add a little more powdered sugar if too sticky.
- In separate bowls melt the white and red candy melts. Do it in the microwave with bursts of 25 seconds and then stir, or using the double-boiler method on the stovetop.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Spoon a full teaspoon of melted chocolate on the bottom of each, doesn't have to be exact.
- Grab a small amount of peanut butter filling mixture and form a disc then place it on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon more melted chocolate over the peanut butter completing the peanut butter cups. Put them in the fridge so the chocolate can firm up.
- Create a stencil with Baymax armor visor shapes. Either draw them freehand or find a picture with it online.
- Put a piece of parchment paper over the stencil and tape it down to the cutting board.
- Add white chocolate to a piping bag or sandwich bag and then fill chocolate over the visor shape. This will create a white visor for armored Baymax. Once done, put the cutting board in the fridge so the visors can firm up.
- After the chocolate has set remove both the visors and peanut butter cups from the fridge. Add a drop of white chocolate in the upper middle of each red peanut butter cup, then gently set down a white visor over it. It will act as glue and hold it in place.
- Using a small tube of black icing add dots for the eyes on the visors. Then on the white peanut butter cups add two dots with a line connecting them.
- The Big Hero 6 Baymax peanut butter cups are complete. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!
Hihi…I didn’t know what Baymax 6 was and just googled it. The different facial expressions on the butter cups make more sense now. Thanks for sharing about them.
You are welcome! 🙂
Love peanut butter desserts. These look so good.
I love the movie big hero haha and how cool to make something resembling it. It looks cool and easy to make it.
Thanks! Yeah it is a great movie!
Big Hero 6 Baymax Peanut Butter Cups looks so cute! It’s perfect for Halloween as treats to kids and young at heart. Yum!
Thank you, Emman!
That is a very nice and creative twist to the classic chocolate coated peanut butter cups.. Also i love Baymax too haha… I love Reeses too and i think i am capable of finishing a dozen of these in one sitting lols
I must admit that I don’t have the slightest clue what big hero 6 is – is it some game? I must also admit that I’m a huge fan of everything peanut – starting with….peanuts – so that this recipe is my hero for sure. Love peanut butter cups – and forget about the calories for a moment 😉
Big Hero 6 is a family movie made by Disney. Yes, peanut butter cups are so amazing!
Cute and great idea. My kids would love these for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!! You are welcome 🙂
Wow! I love the creativity here. You are such a great chef and an artist. Love this recipe
Thank you so much, you are welcome!
I am such a huge fan of big hero. And peanut butter. Combine them together? Oh this is perfect
Thank you! 🙂
Making themed treats and desserts are always fun. I love love peanut butter cups. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
You are welcome! 🙂
What a cute spin on peanut butter cups! Definitely a must make for Big Hero 6 fans.
Thank you! 🙂
These are so cute! My daughter loves the movie big hero 6 and would definitely love these.
Thank you! That is awesome, maybe you can make these for her some time. 🙂
These cups are so cute! I actually just watched Big Hero 6 for the first time a few weeks ago. It’s such a cute movie, my boys would love making these for movie night next time we watch it.
Super fun and yummy! We love peanut butter cups in our house. I bet these would be a hit at a kid’s birthday birthday party!
Thanks so much! 🙂
I can’t wait to make these! They are super adorable, and Big Hero Six is one of my favorite movies.
Thank you! Yeah, it is a great movie!
Such a fun and delicious treat!! Our kids loved them!!
Thank you! That is awesome, glad they liked them!
My kiddos love the Big Hero 6, so they loved these cute peanut butter cups. It was the perfect add to our movie night.
As adorable as these are I just can’t believe how easy they are to make! Yummy too!
Thanks, Pat! Yeah super easy to make. 🙂