I am a huge peach cobbler fan. This traditional from scratch homemade peach cobbler is amazing. But did you know you can make a cake mix peach cobbler or dump cake with only three ingredients? It is so tasty!
Cake mix peach cobbler also commonly called a “Dump Cake” has been around for many years. I have fond memories of making this in a dutch oven while camping. It definitely tastes different than a traditional cobbler, a mix between cake and cobbler.
And it is so incredibly easy to make. It comes together less than 5 minutes and then you just have to bake it! If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this yummy cake mix peach cobbler you need just three simple ingredients:
- Cake mix – I always use a yellow cake mix, but there are a variety that you can use.
- Canned peaches – Get the sliced peaches that are in water, not in syrup.
- Butter – You can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- 13x8 baking pan or a dutch oven
- Cooking spray
Step 2: How to make cake mix peach cobbler
First, preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C. Place the rack in the middle position.
Spray a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray or grease it with shortening. You can also use a traditional or enameled dutch oven. Or even a large stainless steel oven-safe skillet.
Open the cans of peaches and pour them into the pan. Again, make sure you buy the sliced canned peaches in water, not syrup. The water in the cans provides the moisture for the cake mix peach cobbler, along with the butter when it melts.
Dump the cake mix all over the peaches, hence the common name of “dump cake.” Spread it out evenly with a spatula.
Cut the butter up into chunks or cubes and evenly lay them across the top of the cobbler.
NOTE: Don’t use any of the extra ingredients listed on the back of the cake mix. Only use the cake mix itself.
Step 3: Bake the peach cobbler dump cake
Bake the cake mix cobbler in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the top gets nice and golden brown. You may notice a few dry spots where the liquid from the melted butter and the liquid from the peaches didn’t quite get to it. Don’t worry, you can mix it in while serving and it will be just fine.
Allow the cake mix cobbler to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or so before serving it. You can eat it as is, or have a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it as well. See, super easy right? Enjoy!
How long does cake mix peach cobbler last?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for a few days in the fridge. Or you can even freeze it, where it will last for a few months.
Here are a few other recipes you may like:
Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- 13x8 baking pan or a dutch oven
- cooking spray
- 1 box of yellow cake mix 432g
- 2 cans of peaches in water, not syrup 14.5 ounces each (822g)
- 1/2 cup of butter 115g
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with some cooking spray, or you can grease it with shortening too if you like.
- Dump all the peaches and the water into the pan.
- Next, pour the cake mix over the top and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Cut up the butter into cubes and lay it on top of the cobbler.
- Bake the cake mix cobbler in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the top gets nice and golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or so before serving it. You can eat it as is, or have a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it as well. See, super easy right? Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share and Pin it! Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.