There is something amazing about the combination of chocolate, cheesecake, and strawberries. It truly is an explosion of flavor with every bite. And I love how simple and easy these treats are to make. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make cheesecake stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries you need a handful of ingredients:
- Strawberries – The star of this dish. Wash and dry them.
- Chocolate candy melts – Or you can use whatever kind of chocolate that you want.
- Cream cheese – Softened and room temp.
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Toppings – Blueberries, graham cracker crumbs, coconut flakes, nuts, etc.
Step 2: How to make cheesecake stuffed strawberries
After you have washed and dried your strawberries cut off the green stems and cut the tips off so if you stand the strawberry up with will stay up with the flat surface.
Then use a knife or melon baller and scoop out the middle of the strawberries, creating a nice pocket where you can pipe in the cheesecake filling.
Step 3: Dip those strawberries in chocolate
Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave or using the double boiler method on the stovetop. If using the microwave, on high, use bursts of 30 seconds, then stir the chocolate and repeat until melted.
To do it on the stovetop fill a small pot with about a cup of water. Then lay a metal or ceramic bowl on top of the pot. As the water heats it will release steam which will heat up the bowl which will gently melt the chocolate.
I usually like to use the chocolate candy melts or wafers, or the Candiquik brand of melting chocolate. Because it sets well and doesn’t melt as easy at room temperature if you set them out for a party.
Traditional chocolate works great as well, but if you don’t temper the chocolate the chocolate may get really soft at room temp.
Take a strawberry and dip the whole bottom half of it into the chocolate. Then place it on a sheet pan lined with wax paper or parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Also, you can roll the dipped chocolate in nuts, graham cracker crumbs, coconut flakes, or nuts if you like.
Once the strawberries are all dipped in chocolate and any other toppings. Place them in the fridge to chill and let the chocolate set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 4: Cheesecake filling for the chocolate dipped strawberries
In a large bowl take the softened room temp cream cheese and mix it together with the powdered sugar and vanilla. Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Scrape the sides of the bowl and necessary.
Stuff a piping bag with the cheesecake filling and use a star tip or different tip if you desire. Or you can just use a large plastic bag and snip off the corner. I really like the look the star tip gives.
Remove the chocolate dipped strawberries from the fridge and then fill up the cavities with cheesecake filling.
Step 5: Finish the cheesecake stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries
Now to finish these amazing little treats off, you can sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs, other cupcake sprinkles, fruit like blueberries, or even use those little strawberry tips that you removed earlier.
And there you have it amazing cheesecake stuffed chocolate-dipped strawberries. Place them in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
How long will these cheesecake stuffed chocolate-dipped strawberries last?
If kept in an airtight container in the fridge they will last for a couple of days. I am willing to bet they won’t even last that long however.
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Melon Baller
- Cutting board
- parchment paper
- Cookie sheet or sheet pan
- 1 cup milk chocolate candy melts or whatever chocolate you like(175g)
- 24 large strawberries washed and dried
- 8 oz of cream cheese 225g
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (optional) 57g
- 1 cup of powdered sugar 120g
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract 5ml
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 20g
- 1/8 cup blueberries 15g
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes 20g
- 1/4 cup nuts 30g
- Begin by washing and drying the strawberries. Cut the green stems and leaf caps off and also cut about 1/4th of an inch off the tip of the strawberry making it flat. This will allow it to stand upright.
- Scoop out the top with a melon baller or knife to created a cavity.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwav-safe bowl in the microwave using bursts of 30 seconds and then stirring, until it is melted. Or take a small pot with a cup of water, and then place a bigger metal bowl or ceramic bowl on top. Set the heat to medium heat and the steam will heat the bowl melting the chocolate.
- Dip the bottom half of the strawberries in the chocolate and place them on a sheet pan or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Also, you can dip them in the bowls of nuts, coconut flakes, graham cracker crumbs etc., after dipping them in chocolate. To make the graham cracker crumbs, just mash them up in a bag.
- Put the chocolate-dipped strawberries in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make the cheesecake/cream cheese filling, by adding the softened room temp cream cheese to a medium bowl with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix with a stand mixer or hand mixer until smooth.
- Place the filling in a piping bag with a star tip or use a plastic bag and snip the corner off. Twist the top and then fill up the strawberry cavities.
- Finish them off by sprinkling on more graham cracker crumbs, nuts, coconut flakes, or adding fruit. Save those strawberry tips that you cut off, you can use those as well, to make little hats. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- You may not use all of the cheesecake stuffing, it can also be used as frosting for cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, etc. Or just make more stuffed strawberries.
- The nutritional facts will vary depending on what toppings you use.
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like: