This homemade dessert pizza is so delicious and super easy to make. It is great to bring to parties or have for a birthday.
Pizza and dessert combined? Sign me up! Two things I love when it comes to eating are homemade pizza and desserts. I mean let’s be honest, are there really many things better in this world?
The awesome thing about dessert pizzas is just like normal pizzas you can do all kinds of different toppings and crusts. They are so simple to make. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make a tasty dessert pizza you need a variety of ingredients:
- Sugar Cookie Dough – Use store-bought or homemade sugar cookie dough.
- Cream cheese – This will be used for the frosting. Make sure it is softened. It will balance out the sweetness of the cookie.
- Sugar – To sweeten up the cream cheese a little bit.
- Vanilla extract – This will add flavor to the frosting.
- Fruit – I enjoy using strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- Flour – For rolling out the cookie dough.
Step 2: How to make a dessert pizza
Begin making the sugar cookie dough. You can use store-bought as well to make it quicker and easier if you like. And you can use a variety of other cookie doughs if you like for the crust.
Once the dough is ready, use some flour on a 12-inch pizza pan or spray it with cookie spray and then roll the dough out so it fills up the pan. Use your fingers to shape and spread the dough as necessary. Now you have yourself a dessert pizza crust. Simple as that.
Bake the dessert pizza crust for 10 to 15 minutes until it is nice and golden brown on the top. Now set the pan aside and allow the giant pizza cookie to cool. The crust is ready to go. Baking times will vary depending on the type of cookie or crust you use.
Step 3: Cream cheese frosting as dessert pizzas sauce
In a large bowl, blend the softened cream cheese. Then add the sugar and the vanilla extract and blend until smooth. You may certainly reduce the amount of sugar if you like. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Also, you can use whatever kind of frosting that you want. The cream cheese frosting is nice because it isn’t as sweet as traditional frosting.
Step 4: Finish off the dessert pizza
Next, spread your pizza sauce (cream cheese frosting) onto the cookie crust. Then place your favorite sliced fruit on top. My favorite fruits to use are strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. Be creative! There are so many options to choose from.
Now the best part, slicing a piece of that dessert pizza and biting into it. Enjoy!
How do I store dessert pizzas?
Cover it in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for a few days. It will last longer if you don’t put the fruit on it until you want to serve it. The fruit tends to break down after a few days.
- 12-inch pizza pan
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rolling pin or pastry roller
- 1 package of sugar cookie dough or use homemade. (16.5oz, 467g)
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese 226g
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar 112g
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract 5mL
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries 100g
- 2 medium kiwi
- 1/2 cup blueberries 50g
- Preheat the oven to 325 F/162 C. Make your favorite sugar cookie dough or use store-bought dough.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and roll out the dough in the pan. Use a small rolling pin or pastry roller.
- Bake the giant dessert pizza crust cookie in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow it to cool for a few minutes while you slice up the fruit and make the frosting.
- Make the cream cheese frosting by blending together the softened room temperature cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extra.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cookie and then place the fruit down. That is it! Pretty easy right. Now slice up a piece and eat it. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like:
Oh man! This look so deeee-licious. I have to try this recipe…I am sure my daughter will enjoy it.
Thank you, so much! 🙂 I bet she would enjoy it!
Dessert pizza is such a fun idea! And it looks pretty too. I’d like to try it.
Thank you!! 🙂
At first, I thought it was Pavlova! Your Dessert Pizza looks so enticing! Can’t wait to do my own version!
This recipe looks like it would taste so good! I’d love to try out your version of it.
Thank you, Emily!! 🙂 Definitely give it a try sometime. 🙂
This is such a perfect recipe to make for company because there is so little background work needed. All of the ingredients are pretty much ready to go! And it has fruit, what more could anyone want?!?!
Thank you, Marie! Yes, indeed, so easy to make. 🙂
Also in Italy there is the version of the sweet pizza, but I admit that it is not my taste, even if the idea is colorful and original!
This really is just a giant sugar cookie, that looks like a pizza. So if you like cookies you would love this!
Oh wow this looks really yummy! I love dessert pizza and this looks right up my alley! I love the cream cheese topping!
cute & little
Thank you, Kileen!
I’m making this for the family this weekend! I’ve been looking for a new dessert to add to the mix, and this looks so good! It’s also so easy, which I love.
This is the ultimate dessert. I love that cookie base with the fruit on top. It’s a nice mix of flavors.
Thank you, Bill!
You, sir, are a genius. I love pizza. I love dessert. This is a winner! It looks really good.
Thank you so much, Ben!
What a fun idea, I made this with two toddlers and they loved it. The process to make it was fun and they loved eating it, the best dessert to make with kids.
So glad you liked it, Lily! 🙂
This looks really great! And perfect for summer BBQ’s and camping!
Thank you, Paige! 🙂
Fruit Pizza is one of my favorite desserts! My kids love to help make it too, so it’s an all around win in my book 😉
That is awesome! 🙂 🙂