Time to bring a little Disney magic into your home. Disney released its famous Disney Dole whip recipe to the public while their parks were closed, well it isn’t the true recipe, but as close as we can get, making it at home. Isn’t that awesome?
It was so nice of them to do that. This way that beloved treat can be made at home anytime you want. For those of you not familiar with this dessert. Disney Dole whip is basically a pineapple smoothie with the consistency close to soft-serve ice cream.
But before we move on, I want to be clear this is NOT the exact Disney Dole Whip recipe you will find at the Park. This is a “homemade” version that the folks at Disney decided to release during the height of the COVID lockdown. Although the release they did, made it sound like it was the authentic park recipe.
A more authentic recipe, which is what they use in the parks are big bags of soft serve mix, made by Dole. Then you just add water and you will need an ice cream machine.
But this “home” version is pretty darn good. And the cool thing is this desert only requires three ingredients! So cool. It is incredibly easy to make, if I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this delightfully refreshing Disney Dole Whip dessert you only need these three ingredients:
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks – You can use store-bought which is what I normally do because the package is already the right amount. Or you can cut up a fresh one and freeze it.
- Pineapple Juice – I use the Dole brand, but you can use any pineapple juice.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream.
- Blender – You will need a fairly strong blender to make this. Something like a Vitamix, Ninja, or the one I have which is a Homgeek.
- Piping bag or plastic bag with a star tip
Step 2: How to make Disney Dole Whip
Begin by adding the frozen pineapple chunks, vanilla ice cream, and pineapple juice to a strong blender. Now blend away. I usually start with an ice crush mode or grind mode and then work my way up.
You may need to add a bit more pineapple juice if it is too thick for your blender. Keep blending until all incorporated and smooth. If for some reason it got too runny, just add a bit more ice cream or a few more frozen pineapple chunks.
Alright, now the pineapple dole whip is ready to go.
Step 3: Serve up that Disney Parks Dole Whip
Take a piping bag or plastic bag and add a star tip to it. Fold the top opening of the bag around your hand or a tall glass, which will keep it open. Then spoon in the dole whip.
Next, pipe the Disney pineapple dole whip into a bowl to serve.
And there you have it, Disney food magic brought to your own home. I told you this homemade Disney dole whip was easy to make. Time to dig in, enjoy!
Want a dairy-free version? You can visit the Dole website for their recipe.
How long does the Dole whip last?
You should serve it immediately after making it. Otherwise, it will start to melt and turn into a smoothie, which isn’t too bad either.
Other recipes you may like:
Disney Dole Whip
- Blender (Strong one)
- Piping bag or plastic bag with a star tip
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple 16oz, 454g
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice use more as necessary for desired consistency (120ml)
- 1 heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Add the frozen pineapple chunks, ice cream, and pineapple juice to a strong blender. Blend it until smooth. If you need to add a tablespoon or two more of pineapple juice then you can. Use ice crush mode at first or grind, if you have it and move up from there. You may need to turn the blender off and take the lid off and stir it a few times before you get it smooth. The consistency should be in between a smoothie and soft-serve ice cream. But closer to soft-serve then a smoothie.
- Now scoop the smooth dole whip into a piping bag with a star tip, twist the top, and pipe it into a serving bowl. It is ready to serve. Easy as that. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Sorry, the whole point of a dole whip is that it has no dairy. Who wants a belly full of milk in the hot Florida sun? Also it’s vegan.
Not this version. This is the exact version they released to the public during the height of the lockdowns, the link to the article release was included. And I know all about the hot sun, haha, I live in Phoenix. Plenty of people love ice cream when it is hot. Did you read the full post? I included the link for the dairy-free version from the Dole website.
My favorite Disney treat! Great recipe – it was fun making it at home!
That is awesome, Melissa!
My kids would LOVE this!! I can’t wait to try it!
Awesome! 🙂 🙂
Oh man, I am missing Disney so much!! Thank you for giving us this treat to hold us over until we can get back into the parks.
You are welcome!! 🙂