This easy cheesecake recipe is amazing! It is topped off with a homemade strawberry sauce and no special springform pan is needed!
I will admit I am a little bit addicted to cheesecake. It is one of my favorite desserts to make and eat. They may seem intimidating, but don’t let that stop you. Also, this easy cheesecake recipe is made in a pie pan instead of a special pan.
Cheesecakes are prone to cracking while baking, but when they are thinner they don’t need to bake as long and usually turn out crack free. It is a perfect cheesecake to begin with, beginners and seasoned baking veterans will both enjoy making this cake.
If you love cheesecake, you have got to give this recipe a try. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this easy cheesecake recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Graham crackers
- Butter – salted or unsalted
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese – Softened/room temp
- Large eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberry Jelly
How to make this easy cheesecake recipe
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 F/176 C. Next, place the graham crackers in a large bag and smash them with a rolling pin. You may also use a food processor if you like.
Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl as well as the powdered sugar (confectioner’s). Mix those together with a fork or whisk.
Melt the butter on the stovetop in a pot or in a bowl in the microwave. Then pour the melted butter into the bowl with the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Use a fork and mix it all together until the result looks like damp sand.
Step 3: Finishing the crust
Now pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Smash the crumbs down with your fingers, back of a spoon, spatula, or use a small bowl. The cheesecake crust is ready to go. No need to pre-bake it. I love this recipe because no special springform pan is needed.
While I do own three springform pans, it is nice to know I can make a quicker and easier cheesecake when I want to.
Step 4: Make the cheesecake filling
In a large bowl add the softened room temperature cream cheese. Mix it with a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed fairly well. Then add in the vanilla extract and the sugar and mix those ingredients in.
Next, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Then add in the eggs one at a time, mixing them in until just combined. Be careful to not over mix. This will add too many air bubbles to the filling, which may cause it to crack while baking.
The easy cheesecake filling is ready to go.
Step 5: Bake that easy cheesecake
Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and level it off with a spatula.
Bake the cheesecake in the oven, in the middle rack position, for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes check the cheesecake. If the edges are getting too brown you can created shields out of aluminum foil and surround the edges of the pan. Be careful, the pan will be hot.
Then place the cheesecake back in the oven and allow it to bake for 10 more minutes. There will be a very slight jiggle in the middle when it is done. Let it cool on the stove for about an hour, then place it in the fridge for at least another hour before serving. Although it is better to leave it in longer.
Step 6: Strawberry sauce
After the cheesecake has chilled and set, it is time to make the homemade strawberry sauce. If you don’t like strawberries you can just use the canned cherry topping as well.
In a medium pot, add the strawberries, jelly, sugar, and cornstarch. Set the heat to medium and stir periodically until the jelly melts and the mixture bubbles. This will take 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat. And allow the homemade strawberry sauce to cool. If you like big chunks of strawberry, leave it as is. If you like it more smooth, throw it in a blender and blend it until smooth.
Step 7: Serve up a slice of that cheesecake
Now serve up a slice of that cheesecake and top it with that strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
How long does this easy cheesecake last?
Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also cut it into individual slices and freeze them for a few months in freezer safe containers.
- Rolling pin or food processor
- Zip locked bag
- 9-inch pie plate
- kitchen spray
- Wooden spoon
- Hand mixer
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs about 12 full crackers worth (128g)
- 6 Tbsp of butter 84g
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar 25g
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature (450g)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar 135g
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract 5ml
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen (doesn’t have to be exact) (400g)
- 1/2 cup of strawberry jelly doesn’t have to be exact (165g)
- 3 Tbsp of sugar 38g
- 1 Tbsp of cornstarch 7g
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C. Rack in the middle position.
- Smash up the graham crackers into crumbs either in a bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Then add them to a bowl along with the powdered sugar.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bowl with the crumbs and mix with a fork until it resembles damp sand.
- Add the crumbs to a 9-inch pie pan. I don't normally spray the pan since I have a nonstick one, but you can spray the pan first with cooking spray. Pack the crumbs down, using the back of a spoon, or your hands, or even a bowl.
- Create the filling by adding the softened room temp cream cheese to a large bowl. Mix it with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it is broken up well. Then add the vanilla extract and the sugar and mix until just combined. Next, add the eggs one at a time until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan with the crust. Smooth it out with a spatula. Bake the cheesecake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes check it. If the sides of the crust are getting too brown, you can add some aluminum foil around the edges. Replace the cheesecake in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or so, until it is only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool for 1 hour. Then place it in the fridge, and allow it to cool for at least 1 to 2 hours, so it sets properly.
- After the cheesecake has set make the strawberry sauce topping. In a medium pot, add the strawberries, jelly, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook it on medium heat until the jelly melts and the mixture bubbles/boils. Then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for about 30 minutes. It is ready as is, or if you would like it to be smooth, you can put it in the blender.
- Slice up a piece of that easy cheesecake and pour on some strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like:
Truth! It’s in the oven right now and I haven’t tasted it yet but I know it will be delish! I bake a lot and have to say this is the best smelling recipe I have ever made. The aroma has permeated the house. It’s worth baking for the smell alone! It was extremely easy and the ingredients are pure. Thanks!
So glad you tried it! 🙂 🙂
Always excited and looking forward to your new recipe . Cheesecake is my favourite ❤️
Glad to hear it!! 🙂
You make it look so easy! I have actually never tried to make a cheesecake before. I think my family would love this recipe.
Thank you, Autumn! You should try it sometime! 🙂
I love a good Easy Cheesecake Recipe. I usually put strawberries or kiwis on top. It adds flavor to it. Sometimes, just heaps of chocolate syrup.
Thank you, Emman!! 🙂
It looks yummy. I love cheesecake. I usually make the oreo ones since It’s hard to find strawberries here in our area.
This looks delectable! I am excited to try out different toppings for this cheesecake.
Thank you, Lucy!
This looks like it will live up to it’s name and be super easy. I never have invested in a springform pan, so I thought cheesecake was out of my reach. I want to give this a try!
Thanks!! Yeah that is why I thought I would make a version that didn’t need a springform pan. 🙂
Great recipe! My husband just bugged me to try this on Saturday when I showed your photos. Will try it with mangoes as toppings!
Thank you!! 🙂 Yummy mangoes would be awesome on it!
I love cheesecake, especially when it is loaded down with fruit/sauce! This recipe is definitely easier than mine! Which means I can make it more often now. 🙂 Also, something I learned from my own experience is to throw the graham crackers in the blender, just takes a couple of seconds to turn them into crumbs!
Agree!!! 🙂 Yes a blender or food processor works great for the crumbs. Or just pound on them in a bag with a rolling pin haha
Yes, that too! 🙂
I like your cheesecake recipe! It is so easy to follow and totally fail proof! I am going to use this recipe from today onwards. Thank you for sharing it with me.
Thank you so much!! 🙂
I’m not the biggest fan of cheesecake, but your recipe seems simple enough that I might like it. Yum!
This looks amazing Matt, as always you make me what to eat! 😀
Thank you so much, Ann!
This looks delicious and I love that its a simple recipe.
I can’t wait to make this cheesecake! I’ve been trying to find an easy recipe.
Thanks so much!! 🙂
this looks amazing. I cannot wait to try this recipe. cheesecake is a favorite dessert in our family. p.s. made your peach cobbler for tonight. can’t wait to dive in. smells and looks so good!
Thank you!! So awesome I am glad you made it. 🙂 🙂
I LOVE homemade cheesecake. This looks so good and SO EASY. I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you, Brianne! 🙂
I love cheesecake! I haven’t made one in years but looking at this recipe, I’m going to have to get baking. Thank you! This looks delicious!
You are welcome! 🙂
Another delicious and easy to make dessert from your kitchen. How do you manage to not eat it all?
I love a good cheesecake! This recipe did not disapoint.
So glad you liked it, Laura! 🙂
The texture and flavor were perfect! And I could’ve eaten that strawberry sauce with a spoon it was so good!
Awesome, Stephanie! So glad you liked it. 🙂
This really is super easy & creamy!! I could eat cheesecake anytime & the strawberry sauce is amazing! It would be good on so many other desserts!
Thank you, Natalie! So glad you like it. 🙂 Agreed the strawberry sauce will work for so many other desserts.