I love eating fresh fruit, and the only thing I love more than eating it is dipping it into this yummy homemade easy fruit dip.
The explosion of flavor that comes with a strawberry or other fruit surrounded by this fruit dip is absolutely amazing. I can’t stop eating it. And the best part is this easy dip only requires 3 ingredients and is made in about 5 minutes!
This awesome dip is perfect for family get-togethers, barbecues, picnics, or anytime you want to have something extra with your fruit. If you like eating strawberries, bananas, pineapple, grapes, etc. time to kick it up a notch and make your taste buds happy. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this yummy easy homemade fruit dip you need just a few ingredients:
- Cream cheese – Softened room temperature
- Marshmallow Creme/Fluff – Or you can make your own with marshmallows
- Citrus juice – I like to use orange juice, but lemon juice works great as well. It adds a little bit extra to the depth of flavor. This ingredient is optional, technically you can make it with only two ingredients.
- Fruit – Strawberries, bananas, kiwi, peaches, nectarines, grapes, apples, etc. all taste yummy with this dip.
- Mixer – A hand mixer or stand mixer will work great. If you don’t have one, you can use a wooden spoon.
Step 2: How to make easy fruit dip at home
Begin by adding the softened room temperature cream cheese into a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and blend the cream cheese well. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed while making the dip.
If you forget to take your cream cheese out of the fridge to soften, which usually takes a few hours, you can soften it in the microwave. I like to use the defrost setting for about 45 seconds.
Step 3: Complete the fruit dip
Now add the orange juice or lemon juice (optional) as well as the marshmallow creme/fluff to the bowl.
Did you know you can make your own marshmallow cream/fluff? All you need are two cups of marshmallows and 1 tablespoon of corn syrup. Add those together in a microwave-safe bowl and use bursts of 25 seconds and then stir, etc. until melted and smooth.
Mix all those ingredients until the fruit dip is nice and smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is mixed properly. And there you go, simple as that.
I like to serve the dip with fruit kebabs. They are simple to make, just take some bamboo skewers and break them in half, or leave them whole, and put on different kinds of fruit. Enjoy!
How long does fruit dip last?
Store the dip covered tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for 6 to 7 days in the fridge.
Here are a few more recipes you may like:
Easy Fruit Dip
- 7 oz marshmallow creme or fluff 198g
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (226g)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice or lemon juice optional (30ml)
- Blend the softened room temperature cream cheese in a medium bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add in the orange juice or lemon juice, if desired, as well as the marshmallow creme. Blend until smooth. That's it. Enjoy!
- Make fruit kebabs if you like, with bamboo skewers and your favorite fruit.
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.