If you can’t have gluten or dairy, this gluten dairy free chocolate strawberry tart is perfect for you. Even if you aren’t limited to those things, this dessert is amazing. Chocolate and strawberries are such a winning combination!
Whether you have strict dietary restrictions or you simply just want to limit your gluten and dairy intake, it is nice to have some yummy dessert recipes that you can eat. Time to add this gluten dairy free chocolate strawberry tart to your collection of recipes.
Not only is it delicious, it is extremely easy to make, in fact, you don’t even have to bake it. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this no-bake gluten dairy free chocolate strawberry tart you need just a handful of ingredients and tools:
- Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Cookies – Or you can use any gluten/dairy free cookie.
- Dairy free butter
- Gluten and Dairy Free chocolate chips/chocolate bars
- Coconut milk creamer
- Strawberries – Wash and dried
Step 2: How to make a no-bake gluten and dairy free chocolate strawberry tart
Begin by crumbling up the cookies. There are a variety of ways to do this. You can use a food processor if you like, or you can put them in a ziplock bag and use your hands or a rolling pin to mash them up. There are a few others, but those are the most common ways.
Crush them up into pretty small crumbs. You don’t have to be too crazy about it, ensuring that every single crumb is the same size, or anything like that.
Melt the dairy free butter in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop. It only takes a few seconds in the microwave.
Pour the melted butter over the crushed up gluten dairy free Oreo style cookies. Stir the mixture until the crumbs are well coated with the butter and the mixture resembles damp sand.
Or if you are using a food processor, just add the melted butter and mix for a few seconds until combined.
Spray the tart pan with cooking spray, then pour the damp cookie crumbs into the pan and spread it out evenly.
Use the back of a spoon, clean hands, or the bottom of a glass to pack down the crumbs and press them up the sides of the tart pan.
Step 3: Dairy free chocolate ganache
Time to make the chocolate ganache. Heat the coconut milk creamer in the microwave until it is really hot, just shy of boiling. Or heat it up in a pot on the stovetop. It takes about a minute and a half in the microwave.
Pour the hot coconut milk creamer over a bowl of dairy free chocolate chips or broken up chocolate bar. Let the bowl sit undisturbed for 8 to 10 minutes.
After that stir it until well combined. You may need to put the whole bowl back in the microwave and heat it up, if it hasn’t melted appropriately.
Pour the chocolate ganache into the tart pan with the cookie base. Spread it out evenly with the back of a spoon or a spatula or something.
Place washed and dried strawberry halves into the ganache cut side down. If you wanted to you could add other fruit as well like raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.
Now all you need to do is place the gluten dairy free chocolate strawberry tart in the fridge and allow to chill and set for at least 2 hours.
Once the tart has set you can serve it as is, or dust the top with powdered sugar if you like. Slice and enjoy!
How long does a gluten dairy free chocolate strawberry tart last?
This dessert will last about a week in the fridge. You can also free it if you like for a few months.
Here are some other gluten-free recipes you may like:
No Bake Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Tart pan
- kitchen spray
- Plastic ziplock bag or food processor
- Rolling pin (optional)
- 24 gluten and dairy free Oreo cookies or any gluten/dairy free cookie
- 4 Tbsp. dairy-free butter 60g
- 12 ounces Gluten and Dairy-free chocolate chips or chocolate bars 240g
- 1 cup of coconut milk creamer 237ml
- 1 cup strawberry halves add more as needed (152g)
- Place the cookies in a bag and crush them up with a rolling pin or your hands. Or use a food processor.
- Heat up the dairy-free butter in the microwave for a few seconds until it melts, then pour that in with our cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Now stir them until the crumbs are well coated with the butter. It will resemble damp sand.
- Take your tart pan and spray it with cooking spray, then pour in your cookie crumbs and press them down until nice and even, with the back of a spoon, bottom of a glass, etc. You can use your fingers to press them up the sides of the tart pan.
- Take your coconut milk creamer and place it in the microwave and heat it up until it gets super hot, just shy of boiling, about a minute and a half, then pour it into the bowl with your dairy-free chocolate chips. Now let it sit undisturbed for about 8 to 10 minutes or so. Then stir it up until well combined. The result will be a ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the tart pan with the cookie base. Then spread it out with a cake spatula or the back of your spoon until it is nice and even. Then place in your strawberries. You can use whatever fruit you want. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries work well, or a combination of all of them! 🙂
- Chill the tart for 2 hours or more in the fridge until it sets up. Then if you want, put some powdered sugar on the top. Slice and enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share and Pin it! Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.