Time for a bit of Halloween nostalgia. When I was a young lad, oh so many years ago, I loved trick-or-treating. It was super fun to get together with my friends, or when I was really young have my mom or dad take me around. There was always one lady in the neighborhood who handed out Halloween Ghost pops.
These Halloween Ghost pops were simple, just tissue paper wrapped around Tootsie roll or blow pops. But Those are always my favorite treats to get. It was something unique and different.
Of course, I also loved going to the house that gave out full-sized Hershey bars! I vowed when I got older to be the cool guy in the neighborhood who gave out big candy bars, lol.
So let me show you how to make this super fun Halloween ghost pops. They are incredibly easy to make and perfect to hand out at Halloween or you could make them for a party or something. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this cool little Halloween ghost pops you only need just a handful of easy to find ingredients and items:
- Pops – I have always seen them and made them with Tootsie roll pops or Blow pops. Growing up blow pops were my favorite, because I loved the gum inside. You could make baby ghosts with Dum Dums too. But really any round lollipop will work.
- Tissue – The normal tissues you use for blowing your nose are perfect for these. And they are cheap!
- String – I normally use a black nylon string, but you can use whatever kind or color of string that you want. You can also use ribbon if you like.
- Sharpie – The sharpie is perfect for drawing on the yes and mouth. You could also use eye stickers or the jiggly eyes. You may need glue to hold those in place.
- Scissors – You will need to cut the string.
Step 2: How to make Halloween Ghost Pops
Start by taking 1 or 2 pieces of tissue paper and putting the pop in the middle. Then fold the paper around it which will create the main body for the ghost pop.
Depending on how thick the tissue paper is, you may just need one sheet of tissue. But if it is thin, it will be see-through and you can see the lettering from the pop underneath. I normally like to use two sheets.
Next, take a piece of string, ribbon, etc., about 6 inches in length, and wrap it around at the base of the pop. Tie a square not, or do a bow knot, or whatever knot you want to tie. This will keep the tissue in place.
Flare out the bottom of the tissue so it looks like it is “flowing.”
Now all you need to do is draw on the face. Use a sharpie or other similar style of pen and draw the eyes and the mouth. This will give it the classic ghost face. You can do whatever kind of face that you want.
Or you can use some sticker faces or eyes. Another option is to use the jiggly wobbly eyes. If you use those, you may need to use a drop of glue to hold them on.
And just like that, the Halloween ghost pops are done. Super easy right? Have fun coming up with your own variations, or just make them as I do.
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
How long do the Halloween Ghost pops last?
These pops will last quite a long time as long as the expiration date on the actual pops themselves which is really long.
Here are some other Halloween-themed recipes you may like:
Halloween Ghost Pops
- 20 blow pops or tootsie roll pops
- Wiggly eyes – Optional you may need glue for these as well.
- Sticker eyes – Ff you can find these that would be an option as well
- Wrap the pop with tissue. Place the pop in the middle and fold it over. You may use one or two tissues.
- Tie a piece of string about 6 inches around the base of the pop to hold the tissue in place.
- Spread out the tissue on the bottom so it looks like it is flowing.
- Draw on the eyes and the mouth with a sharpie. Or use stickers, or glue on jiggly eyes. Then the Halloween ghost pops are done. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!