This homemade lemonade is so refreshing and is the perfect drink to have during the hot summer or any time of the year.
Homemade lemonade is so easy to make and even better if you have your own fresh lemons right of the tree to use. If not, no worries, store-bought lemons will work just fine. This recipe turns out perfect every time, it is pretty much fool proof!
And the best part is you only need three ingredients, sugar, water, and lemons, pretty awesome right? If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this amazing homemade lemonade you just need a few easy ingredients and a couple of tools:
- Lemons – If they are freshly picked off the tree, even better. Or if you already have pure lemon juice you can use that as well.
- Sugar – Use white granulated sugar.
- Water – I like to use filtered water because my tap water is really gross.
Step 2: How to make the best homemade lemonade
One of the keys to making the perfect lemonade at home is by starting with a simple syrup. To make the simple syrup, add one cup of your water to a medium pot along with the sugar.
Heat the water and sugar on the stovetop with medium heat stirring occasionally until it boils. Why do this? This ensures the sugar is completely dissolved, so you won’t have any grainy sugar taste in your lemonade.
Simple syrup is a very common ingredient in lots of drinks. So you can make a whole bunch of it ahead of time if you want.
Once the water boils and the sugar is dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
Step 3: Juicing the lemons
You can’t have homemade lemonade with lemons and lemon juice. Once the simple syrup has cooled down you can juice those lemons.
Once you are done juicing the lemons place it in a glass or bowl and chill both the lemon juice and the simple syrup for 30 minutes to an hour. You can also chill the remaining 7 cups of water as well.
Step 4: Finish the homemade lemonade
Once the simple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and water have chilled it is time to mix it all together to complete the lemonade.
Combine everything in a large pitcher or some sort of beverage dispenser. Stir with a spoon and then you can finish it off with some thinly sliced lemons, and mint if you like, to add color to it.
How long does homemade lemonade last?
Homemade lemonade will last about a week in the fridge. Although I doubt it will last that long, it is so yummy.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
- Wooden spoon
- 8 to 10 medium lemons
- 8 cups of water 1.9L
- 1 3/4 cups of white granulated sugar 350g
- Begin by combining 1 cup of water with the sugar in a medium pot and heat it over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it boils and the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the simple syrup to cool to room temp.
- Juice the lemons with either a hand juicer or electric one. Place the lemon juice and the room temp simple syrup, along with the remaining 7 cups of water in the fridge and allow them to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, and water in a large pitcher or beverage dispenser. Stir it with a long spoon. Add lemon slices and mint leaves if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.