This low carb sugar-free Keto peanut butter cups recipe is so easy to make and perfect for people watching their carbs.
Just because you are on a low carb or Keto diet it doesn’t mean you can satisfy your sweet tooth with something yummy. That is where these amazing homemade keto peanut butter cups come in.
They are super simple to make using just a handful of ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
What is the different between success and failure while on the Keto diet? Find out here in this excellent resource.
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make Keto peanut butter cups or peanut butter cups that are Keto friendly, you need a handful of ingredients:
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Coconut oil – The oil will help smooth out the melted chocolate chips.
- Natural sugar-free peanut butter – Use store-bought peanut butter or easy homemade peanut butter. You may use other natural nut butter if you like, like almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
- Almond flour
- Salt – This will balance out the sweetness.
- Xylitol sweetener – Will add a hint of sweetness to the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Microwave or double boiler
- Paper cups
- Muffin pan
Step 2: How to make Keto peanut butter cups
Begin by adding the peanut butter to a medium bowl. The amount doesn’t have to be exact for this recipe. Start with 1/2 to 2/3rds cup of peanut butter. You can always add more later.
Then start adding in the almond flour, you may not wind up using it all. Mix in the xylitol sweetener, a pinch of salt, then a little more almond flour until the mixture is no longer really sticky.
In my classic homemade peanut butter cups, I add powdered sugar instead of almond flour to make the peanut butter less sticky. You could just follow that exact recipe but use sugar-free chocolate chips and almond flour instead of the powdered sugar.
Now the peanut butter mixture is ready to go.
Step 3: Melt the chocolate
Time to melt the sugar-free chocolate chips. Add them to a bowl along with the coconut oil and a pinch of salt. And then place the bowl on top of a small pot with about a cup of water in it.
Turn the heat on medium and the steam from the water will gently heat the bowl and melt the chocolate. Stir frequently while the chocolate is melting until completely melted.
You may also melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave using bursts of 25 to 30 seconds and stirring, until melted.
Step 4: Finish off the homemade Keto peanut butter cups
Now take a muffin pan, either the normal size, or mini size and add the paper cups. Spoon in about a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the bottom of each cup.
Then come back and add a spoon of the peanut butter mixture to the top.
Next, completely cover the tops of the peanut butter cups with melted chocolate. Give the pan a few taps on the counter to settle everything and then place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so for the chocolate to set.
Now all you need to do is unwrap those yummy treats and dig in. Enjoy!
Want to be successful with the Keto diet? Check out this resource guide.
How long do these keto peanut butter cups last?
Place them in a zip lock bag or airtight container. They will last a few weeks in the fridge, or a few months if you freeze them.
Other recipes you may like:
Keto Peanut Butter Cups
- microwave or double boiler
- Paper cups
- Muffin pan (mini or regular)
- 1 1/4 to 2 cups 9 to 10 ounces of sugar-free chocolate chips 280g to 350g
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil 15g
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free natural peanut butter 125g
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups of almond flour 50 to 64g
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. xylitol sweetener 10g
- Mix together the peanut butter, almond flour, pinch of salt, and xylitol. Add extra almond flour as necessary to make the mixture not as sticky. These amounts don't need to be exact.
- Add a metal or pyrex bowl on top of a pot with water on the stovetop. Add the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and pinch of salt. Set the heat to medium. The steam will heat the bottom of the bowl gently melting the chocolate. Or use a microwave-safe bowl and microwave the chocolate with bursts of 25 seconds and stirring in between.
- Prepare a regular muffin or mini muffin pan with paper cups. Pour in about a teaspoon of chocolate to the bottom of each cup. Then scoop in a large heaping teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture. Depending on how thick you want to make these. After that top it off with chocolate.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 25 to 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Once done time to dig into one of those. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.