One thing I love is cheesecake. This homemade no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream. It has 4 layers of yummy goodness.
The bottom layer is an Oreo cookie crust, then the no-bake chocolate cheesecake filling, next, a chocolate ganache. And finally, it is topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips and the whole cheesecake is surrounded with Kit Kats.
Also, this cheesecake doesn’t have any eggs in it, so it is the perfect treat for people who don’t eat eggs. Make sure to check out this classic chocolate cheesecake as well if you like a more traditional cheesecake.
If you are a chocolate lover and cheesecake fan, you have got to give this recipe a try. It is simple to make, if I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this no-bake chocolate cheesecake you need just a handful of easy to find ingredients:
- Oreo Cookies – I love a good Oreo cookie crust, although you can use graham crackers too if you like.
- Butter – Use salted or unsalted butter.
- Heavy cream – It will be used for the filling, the ganache, and on top.
- Cream cheese – You can’t make a no bake cheesecake without cream cheese!
- Powdered sugar – It will be used in the filling as well as the whipped cream topping.
- Chocolate – I use a combination of different chocolate chips, but you can also use chocolate bars. Milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark, all work well.
- Vanilla extract
- 9-inch springform pan – You can use an 8-inch springform pan as well.
- Food processor (optional)
- Piping bag with tip (optional)
Step 2: How to make a no-bake chocolate cheesecake from scratch
Begin by making the Oreo Cookie crust. You can also use graham crackers if you want. I prefer Oreo crusts with cheesecake, but that is just a personal preference.
Add the Oreos to a food processor. Pulse and mix until you have crumbs. Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pot on the stovetop and add it to the food processor. Mix a few seconds until incorporated.
It should look like dark damp sand when it is done.
NOTE: If you don’t have a food processor this can be done in a ziplock bag, just put the cookies in there and smash with a rolling pin. But food processors are super handy, I use mine all the time.
Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Then pour the Oreo crumbs into the pan and spread them out, but don’t pack them down yet.
TIP: You can use an 8-inch springform pan as well. Although this will make a very thick crust. Reduce the amount of Oreos to 24 and use 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) of butter.
Time to add those delicious Kit Kats. Place the Kit Kats in the crust and against the pan, with the logo facing the wall of the pan. That way it is shown when the wall is removed.
It will take 40 to 42 individual Kit Kats to fill up a 9-inch springform pan.
Then press down the Oreo crust base very firmly and evenly. I just use my silicone spatula, but the back of a spoon will work well too.
TIP: If you don’t want a big gap at the top, trim about 1 inch off of every Kit Kat, then place the cut side down. I prefer it that way, but it is shown as uncut in the images above. I wanted to make sure you knew what it looked like with the full-length Kit Kat.
Add the no-bake chocolate cheesecake crust to the fridge while you make the filling.
Step 3: Make the no bake chocolate cheesecake filling
Time to make the easy homemade no-bake chocolate cheesecake filling. Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. With a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until you have stiff peaks.
Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl. Then mix for 30 seconds or so. Add the powdered sugar and mix it in. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary with a spatula.
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or use the double boiler method on the stovetop. Then pour the chocolate into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
TIP: If you forget to set the cream cheese out at room temperature to soften, you can put it in the microwave on defrost mode for about 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Now fold in the whipped cream about a third of it at a time until all incorporated. Just make sure there are no streaks of white whipped cream left in the filling.
And just like that, the no-bake cheesecake filling is complete. And we didn’t use any eggs. Such a great treat for people who don’t eat eggs.
Step 4: Fill and Chill
Now add the filling to the pan, on top of the Oreo cookie crust. Spread it out evenly with a spatula. An offset spatula works great for this if you happen to have one.
NOTE: Make sure not to dump any filling on the sides.
Place the pan in the fridge and let it chill for at least 4 hours.
After the no-bake chocolate cheesecake has had time to chill/set for about 4 hours, make the ganache.
Add the chocolate chips to a bowl. Heat up the cream really hot (about 30 to 40 seconds) in the microwave, or in a pot on the stovetop.
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit undisturbed for 5 to 10 minutes.
Then stir until completely incorporated. It may seem like the chocolate doesn’t want to stir into the hot cream, just keep stirring and it will finally incorporate.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the no-bake cheesecake. Then spread it out evenly.
Chill again in the fridge for about 2 hours to allow the ganache to set. You can even let it chill overnight.
Now the cheesecake is ready to go. You can serve it like this, or move on to the next step.
Step 5: Top the no bake cheesecake
Make the sweetened whipped cream topping.
In a large bowl add the cream. Mix on high. While you are mixing add in the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar a little at a time until incorporated.
Continue mixing until stiff peaks form. When you pull out the beaters, the peaks that are left won’t fall over.
Pipe the whipped cream on top if you want a certain design, or you can just spread it on with a spatula.
Then sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top if you like, nuts, or other sprinkles.
Remove the springform pan wall.
You can also fill the top up with other stuff instead of whipped cream if you like. Maybe a whole bunch of M&Ms or something.
Time to slice into that no-bake cheesecake and serve it.
TIP: Run really hot water over your knife, then wipe it off. The hot blade will cut through that cheesecake-like butter.
How long does no bake chocolate cheesecake last?
If stored in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap, it will last about 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze the cake for a few months. Place the slices in individual containers and freeze. Then let it set out at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before you want to eat it.
What is the best chocolate to use for this cheesecake?
It really comes down to your taste. I like to use milk chocolate chips for the filling and semi-sweet for the ganache. But you can certainly use semi-sweet or dark chocolate for the filling, etc. Get a little fancier and use Godiva or Lindt chocolate bars.
Are the Kit Kats necessary?
No, you don’t have to add the Kit Kats if you don’t want to. It will look like a classic no-bake chocolate cheesecake without the Kit Kats, and it will still be amazing.
Here are other articles and recipes you may like:
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with Kit Kats
- 32 Oreo Cookies
- 6 Tbsp of butter salted or unsalted (84g)
- 42 Kit Kats approx
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream 300ml
- 16 oz softened cream cheese 450g
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar 150g
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips milk, dark, semi-sweet (212g)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 120ml
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips milk, dark, semi-sweet (112g)
Sweetened Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 240ml
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2ml
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar 66g
Make the Oreo Crust
- Add the Oreos to a food processor. Pulse and mix until you have crumbs. Melt the butter and add it to the food processor. Mix a few seconds until incorporated.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Pour the Oreo crumbs into the pan and spread them out loosely.
- Place the Kit Kats with the logo facing the wall of the pan. Stick them in the Oreo base and lay them right up against the wall of the pan. (Trim about an inch off if you want them the same height as the pan.) Chill while you make the filling.
Make the Filling
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. With a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until you have stiff peaks.
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and mix for 30 seconds or so. Add the powdered sugar and mix it in. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary with a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or use the double boiler method on the stovetop. Pour the chocolate into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream about a third of it at a time until all incorporated. Spread it out evenly over the Oreo cookie crust. Place the pan in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Make the Ganache
- Add the chocolate chips to a bowl. Heat up the cream really hot (about 30 to 40 seconds) in the microwave, or in a pot on the stovetop.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit undisturbed for 5 to 10 minutes. Then stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake. Then spread it out evenly. Chill again in the fridge for about 2 hours to allow the ganache to set.
Sweetened Whipped Cream Topping
- In a large bowl add the cream. Mix on high. While you are mixing add in the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar a little at a time until incorporated. Then mix for a few more minutes until you get stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped cream on top of the ganache, then sprinkle on mini chocolate chips, nuts, other sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Check out my other website 101 Creative Dates for fun date ideas. Food and dating go hand in hand!