Are you an Oreo lover? Are you a fan of chocolate cake? If so I have the perfect recipe for you. This Oreo bundt cake recipe is so easy to make and is absolutely delicious. This Oreo cake is one of my favorite type of bundt cakes it is so light and fluffy and isn’t too sweet. You can top it with powdered sugar, frosting, or any number of other toppings.
Time to impress your friends and family with this incredibly simple Oreo bundt cake. Let’s get baking!
Cake Ingredients and Equipment
To make this easy Oreo cake recipe you need just a handful of basic ingredients:
- Oreos – You can’t make an Oreo bundt cake without Oreos! You can use classic or double-stuffed Oreos.
- Milk – You can use any kind of milk that you want. I typically use whole milk.
- Oil – Use any cooking oil like olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc. Unsalted butter can be used as well.
- Sugar – Standard white granulated sugar should be used.
- Flour – Use all purpose flour or cake flour.
- Baking powder
- Sour cream – for extra moist cake add some sour cream.
- Toppings – powdered sugar, frosting, ganache, strawberry sauce, etc.
- Blender (Affiliate Link)
- Bundt Cake Pan (Affiliate Link: As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases) You can also use other types of cake pans as well. It doesn’t have to be a bundt cake pan.
How to make an Oreo Bundt Cake at home
Start by preheating the oven to 390F or 200C.
Then place the Oreos, eggs, sugar, oil (or melted butter), and milk into a blender or large food processor and blend until well combined.
TIP: For an extra moist cake add some sour cream.
If you don’t have either of those you will need to smash up the cookies into really small crumbs then just mix those ingredients together with a spoon or whisk.
In a small bowl or medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Pour the chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl and then add the dry ingredients. Mixt with a spoon or whisk until incorporated. The Oreo cake batter should be very runny. And just like that the Oreo bundt cake batter is ready. Super easy, right?
NOTE: I don’t recommend adding the dry ingredients to the blender because you can overmix the batter and we don’t want to do that.
Bake the chocolate Oreo bundt cake
Butter then flour a fluted or non-fluted cake pan. This will keep the cake from sticking. You can also use oil, cooking or baking spray, or shortening along with the flour. You can use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of flour.
Pour the cake batter into the large bundt pan and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula to get all the batter out.
NOTE: You can definitely use a different style of cake pan. 2 9-inch or 8-inch rounds will work, 13×9-inch, etc.
Bake in the oven again at 390F/200C for 35 to 40 minutes until a long wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean when poked.
Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cake pedestal, wire rack, or a cake board.
Then you can top it with crushed Oreos or chunks of Oreos. So many ways to decorate this easy and delicious cake. Or just eat it plain!
Time to serve yourself up a slice of this delicious tender cake. Enjoy!
Why this recipe works
You may be wondering how this recipe works. Well, Oreos already have lots of ingredients in them that lend themself nicely for making a chocolate cake. Then all you need to do is add the additional ingredients and you have yourself one amazing cake.
Pretty awesome how adding eggs, Oreos, and a handful of other simple ingredients can make something awesome like this cake.
How long does this simple Oreo cake last?
It will last a few days in an airtight container at room temperature, then it should be stored in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. This cake also freezes very well.
Can I make cupcakes instead of a bundt cake?
Sure! It will make around 24 cupcakes. Preheat the oven to 350F/176C and bake the oreo cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes. Check them first at 15 minutes with a toothpick and then go from there.
Here are some other easy cake recipes you may like:
Oreo Bundt Cake
- bundt cake pan
- 30 Oreos
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk 237g
- 1/2 cup of oil 110g
- 1/2 cup of sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour or cake flour 60g
- 1 Tbsp of baking powder 15g
- 1/4 tsp of salt 1g
- Preheat oven to 390F/200C
- Add the Oreos, eggs, milk, sugar, and oil to a blender. Blend until the mixture is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the Oreo mixture into a large bowl and then add the flour mixture. Mix with a spoon or whisk until just combined. It should be very runny.
- Prepare a bundt cake pan with butter and then flour it. You can also use regular round cake pans or a rectangular cake pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and then bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes or so then add it to a cake pedestal or a cake board.
- Top with powdered sugar, chocolate ganache, glaze, strawberry sauce, frosting, etc. Enjoy!
Do you like this easy Oreo bundt cake recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.