If you have a sweet tooth and you like peanut butter and you like fudge then you will love these wonderful treats. Also, the best part is these are super easy to make with only 5 ingredients. Chances are you already have the ingredients at home in your house.
If you are familiar with my recipes this is pretty much the same as my peanut butter fudge recipe but with chocolate melted on top. So awesome!
Impress your friends and family with this amazing peanut butter cup fudge. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this easy peanut butter cup fudge you need just a handful of everyday ingredients:
- Sugar – The main sweet element and will help the fudge set.
- Half and Half – You may also use whole milk or other milk if you like. This will dissolve the sugar when heated. And will also aid in the setting process.
- Vanilla extract – The vanilla will add flavor to the fudge. It can be left out if you don’t have any.
- Peanut Butter – You can’t have this peanut butter cup fudge without the peanut butter. You could also substitute with other nut butter if you wanted.
- Chocolate chips – You can use your favorite chocolate chips. I usually will use dark chocolate chips, so it will balance out the sweetness a little bit, but milk chocolate is also amazing along with semi-sweet chocolate.
Step 2: How to make peanut butter cup fudge
Begin by adding the white granulated sugar and half and half or milk into a medium saucepot. Heat the mixture on the burner of the stovetop with medium-low heat until it boils. This will allow enough time for the sugar to dissolve.
If you don’t heat it up enough it could wind up with a grainy texture and your fudge may not set properly.
After it comes to a boil allow it to cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring. Then remove it from the heat.
Step 3: Peanut butter and vanilla time!
Once you remove it from the heat add the vanilla extract and the peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter melts and the mixture becomes smooth.
Step 4: Spread it out and add the chocolate
Now add the peanut butter cup fudge base to a 11×7 inch or 8×8 inch pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula. While it is still hot sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Push them down a bit into the peanut butter fudge.
Then allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. The leftover heat will melt the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Chill that peanut butter cup fudge
After the chocolate has had time to melt, come in with a cake spatula or the back of a spoon or something and spread out the chocolate as evenly as possible on the top of the peanut butter fudge.
Then allow the pan to cool until about room temperature. Now you can put it in the fridge to set completely. It will take an hour or two for the chocolate and the peanut butter fudge to set fully.
Step 6: Serve it up!
After it has set you can pull up the parchment paper and slice up that yummy peanut butter cup fudge. Now all you have to do is serve it up! Can you eat just one square?
How do I store this peanut butter cup fudge?
Store the fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will last for 2 to 3 weeks.
Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- 7×11 pan or for thicker fudge use 8×8
- parchment paper
- Wooden spoon
- 1/2 cup of half and half or whole milk 125mL
- 2 cups white granulated sugar 450g
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract 5mL
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter 195
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips milk chocolate, semi-sweet (150g)
- Combine the half and half or milk with the sugar in a medium pot. Bring it slowly to a boil over medium-low heat. Keep stirring it with a wooden spoon or silicone spoon. After it comes to a boil stir constantly for 2 minutes. Then remove it from the heat.
- Add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter melts and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the hot peanut butter fudge into a pan lined with parchment paper. Use a 11×7 inch or 8×8 inch pan. Spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- While still hot sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top. Allow them to sit for about 5 minutes, they should soften right up. Then you can spread them out evenly on the top.
- Your peanut butter cup fudge is done. Now just allow the pan to cool at room temp for 25 to 30 minutes. Then place it in the fridge for an hour to 2 hours until it completely sets.
- Once the fudge sets, remove it from the pan and cut it into whatever size squares you like. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like: