I just love these pecan pie brownies. They are a perfect blend between homemade pecan pie and chocolate brownies! The best of both worlds, really.
These delicious desserts are nice and fudgy, gooey, rich, and flavorful. Growing up I really didn’t appreciate the flavors that pecan pie had to offer, but I always loved a good brownie. Now, I thoroughly enjoy pecan pie. This combination is heavenly!
Next time you are craving either, make some pecan pie brownies, you won’t be disappointed. They are super easy to make, if I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make these amazing pecan pie brownies, you need several easy to find ingredients:
- Brownie mix – Or you can use this homemade brownie recipe. You can also use your own favorite brownie recipe. Along with any ingredients for that recipe.
- Egg – To go with the brownie mix.
- Water – To go with the brownie mix.
- Oil – To go with the brownie mix
Pecan Pie Topping
- Corn syrup
- Brown sugar – Or you can also use white granulated sugar if you like.
- Vanilla extract
- Pecans – You can’t have pecan pie brownies without pecans!
Step 2: How to make pecan pie brownies at home
Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C. Now make the brownie batter, whether you are using a homemade recipe or from a boxed mix. I really enjoy the Better Crocker Supreme Chocolate Chunk brownie mix, if I am going to use a mix, other then that I always make the brownies from scratch.
Add the egg, water, and oil together in a large bowl and whisk them together. Then pour in the dry brownie mix and mix with a spoon until all combined.
Great an 8×8 or 11×7 inch baking pan with shortening or spray it with cooking spray. Alternatively you can line the bottom and sides with a piece of parchment paper. This makes it easier to get it out after it is baked.
Pour the brownie batter into the pan and spread it out evenly. Then bake it in the oven for 25 minutes. Even if the recipe or brownie box says to bake it for longer, only bake it for 25 minutes at first.
Step 3: Make the pecan pie topping
When there are about three minutes left on the baking time for the brownies time to mix up the pecan pie topping. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg and vanilla extract. Then add in the corn syrup, salt, and brown sugar and whisk those ingredients all together. Follow that up with the pecans! Simple as that.
Use a hot mitt and pull the brownies out of the oven. Then dump the pecan topping over the brownies and spread them out evenly.
Bake the pecan pie brownies for 25 minutes. After that remove them from the oven and allow the pan to cool completely, for an hour or two. After they cool for 30 minutes you can put them in the fridge to cool quicker. If you try and cut into them too soon, they won’t cut as easily.
Notice you probably have some caramel that formed around the edges while baking that is totally normal and helps make these incredibly delicious.
Once they have cooled, cut them into squares whatever size you like. I usually make them pretty large and only get 9 squares, but you can cut them smaller and get more if you like and easily get 12 or more servings. Serve them up and enjoy!
How long do pecan pie brownies last?
If you cover it with foil or plastic wrap or a lid, the brownies will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them for a few months.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 8×8 or 7×11 baking pan
- Shortening, cooking spray, or parchment paper
- 1 brownie box mix 18 oz/510g Or use your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
Ingredients for Brownie Mix (Follow the Box)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water 60ml
- 1/3 cup oil vegetable, canola, coconut, etc. (78ml)
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1/4 cup corn syrup 92g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or you can use white granulated sugar 100g
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract 5ml
- 1/4 tsp. salt 1g
- 2 cups pecans 210g
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C. Now bake the brownies using the box mix or a homemade recipe of your choice. I have one linked above.In a large bowl whisk together the egg, water, and oil. Then add the brownie mix and mix with a spoon until combined. Pour that into a 8×8 or 11×7 inch pan that was greased with shortening or sprayed with cooking spray. You can use parchment paper too if you like. Bake the brownies for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- With about 3 minutes left on the brownies, in a medium bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, corn syrup, salt, and brown sugar. Then add in the pecans and stir them in until well combined.
- Remove the brownies from the oven with a hot mitt, evenly pour the pecan pie topping and spread it out. Then put it back in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.Take the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool completely. There will probably be caramel that formed around the edges. Which is awesome!
- Once the brownies have cooled cut them into squares and serve. You may need to run a cake spatula or butter knife around the edges to loosen up the caramel. Or if using parchment paper, just pull the whole thing out of the pan and then slice it and serve. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Pin it! And please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Yum! These look so delicious and tasty! I can’t wait to give this a try!
Thank you, Beth!
Sublime. Incredible. So rich and delicious. This is the dish our Thanksgiving potluck was looking for! Definitely a keeper! I’ll be wanting to make this every year now!
Thanks so much, Betsy!
Oh my goodness, my two favorites in one!! I love, LOVE this!! I am so excited to try it!
hahaha awesome!! 🙂 Yeah they are so yummy!
the pecan pie Brownies looks delicious I will try to make
Thank you, Helen!! 🙂 Good luck, let me know how they turn out.