If you love pizza and you love quesadillas you have got to try these pizza quesadillas. They are not just for kids either, adults love them as well.
The really cool thing about this recipe is you can make them in about 15 minutes, they are so quick and easy to make using just a few ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make these simple pizza quesadillas you just need a handful of ingredients:
- Tortillas – Flour tortillas work the best, although you can use corn tortillas as well. You can use homemade flour tortillas for your quesadillas or use store-bought ones.
- Pizza sauce – Just use your favorite pizza sauce. I really like this homemade pizza sauce, but store-bought works great as well.
- Mozzarella cheese – I love cheese. I love using mozzarella or a pizza blend which has provolone, parmesan, and romano cheeses as well as the mozzarella.
- Pepperoni – One of the most popular pizza toppings around. So, of course, I want to make pepperoni pizza quesadillas.
- Olives – You can never go wrong with delicious black olives on a pizza.
- Additional Toppings – Or there are a number of other toppings you can try like, bacon, basil, fresh tomato, bell peppers, onions, ham, etc.
Step 2: How to make pepperoni pizza quesadillas
Set the burner on your stovetop to medium heat. In a large skillet add a tortilla, your choice on how big of a tortilla you use as long as it fits on the bottom of the pan.
Spread out your favorite pizza sauce. Then sprinkle on some cheese and other toppings like pepperoni and olives. Then sprinkle more cheese on top of those toppings.
Step 3: Finish the pizza quesadillas
Fold the tortilla over and cook each side until the cheese melts and they get slightly golden brown. This will provide a nice crunch when you bite into the quesadilla.
Remove the quesadilla from the pan and allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting it into wedges. Of course you could leave it whole as well. I like to use a pizza cutter to cut mine. A knife will work just fine.
These are so simple and easy to make. They are great as a snack or for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
How long do pizza quesadillas last?
You can place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Just reheat them in the microwave or in the oven for a few minutes before you want to eat them.
- pizza cutter
- Cutting board
- Flour tortillas
- Marinara sauce or favorite pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Other favorite pizza toppings
- Gather up your favorite pizza toppings and sauce.
- Turn the stovetop burner to medium heat. In a large skillet add your tortilla. You will only be able to do one at a time unless you have a large flat griddle.
- Spread on some of your favorite pizza sauce on one half of the tortilla. Add some cheese, pepperoni, olives, etc. Then sprinkle some more cheese on top of that. Fold your tortilla over and press down a bit with a spatula.
- Cook that side for a few minutes then flip it to the other side and cook that side for a few minutes until the cheese melts and oozes a bit out the sides. Both sides should be lightly golden brown and sound crunchy/crispy.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes before cutting them and serving. Or you can certainly eat them whole. Enjoy!
- 1 flour tortilla
- 5 pieces of pepperoni
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. black olives
Do you like the recipe? Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.
Here are a few more recipes you may like: