Several years ago, Mars Wrigley released a new Snickers Bar called a Snickers Crisper. It was basically a square version of a snickers but also included Rice Krispies/crisp rice. So if a Snickers bar and a Rice Krispies treat had a baby it would be a Snickers Crisper bar!
This Snickers Crisper copycat recipe is awesome and I think it tastes better than the real thing. I even polled a few of my friends and they agreed.
It is so easy to make using just a handful of easy to find ingredients. If I can do it, you can do it. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
In order to make this Snickers Crisper copycat candy bar you need just a handful of basic ingredients:
- Chocolate – Use chocolate bars, chocolate chips, or Light Candy Cocoa Melts
- Peanuts – I like to use unsalted peanuts.
- Caramel – I usually by the Kraft brand individually wrapped caramels. Homemade caramel will work as well.
- Heavy Cream – Or you can use milk.
- 8 Inch x 4 Inch Loaf Pan lined with aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper
- Aluminum foil
Step 2: How to make a copy cat Snickers Crisper candy bar at home
Begin by adding the marshmallows and the butter to a medium bowl. Melt them together either in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, or in a pot on the stovetop. If using the microwave, use bursts of 15 to 20 seconds and stir in between until completely melted.
If you want to do it on the stovetop, set the heat to medium-low, and stir occasionally until it melts.
Add in the Rice Krispies/crisp rice cereal and peanuts to the melted marshmallows and butter and stir until well combined. Very similar to making Rice Krispie Treats but with nuts instead.
Time to form the base of the Snickers Crisper. Take an 8×4 or 5×9 inch bread loaf pan and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If you use foil, make sure to spray it with cooking spray.
Spread the marshmallow mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Then place a piece of parchment paper over it and press it down and pack it fairly tightly. Leave the top piece of parchment paper on and place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
Step 3: Add the caramel
The idea here is that instead of nougat being used, crisped rice and marshmallow and butter are used for the base.
Take the caramels and unwrap them and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the cream/milk to the caramels and melt them in the microwave with bursts of 20 seconds and stirring, until completely melted and smooth. If you don’t add the milk or cream, the caramel gets really hard when cooled.
Remove the crisp rice base from the fridge and take off the top parchment paper. Then pour the melted caramel on top and level it out with a spatula or spoon.
Pace the pan in the fridge for about an hour so the caramel top and set completely.
Step 4: Dip in chocolate to finish the Snickers Crisper Copycat candy bars
Once the caramel sets, it is time to melt the chocolate. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave with bursts of 25 seconds and then stir, or you can do it with the double-boiler method on the stovetop. Use your favorite kind of chocolate or use light cocoa candy melts.
After the chocolate is melted, take the Snickers Crisper candy bar base of caramel, peanuts, marshmallows, and crisp rice out of the fridge. Remove the whole thing from the pan and peal it away from the aluminum foil or parchment paper. Then cut it up into 8 equal squares. This gives you a nice large candy bar.
Of course you can make them whatever size that you want.
TIP: It helps to spray the knife with cooking spray, when cutting the bar into squares. That way the caramel doesn’t stick to the side of the knife when cutting.
Dip each square completely in the melted chocolate and then let the excess chocolate drip off before placing it on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Place the cookie sheet or sheet pan in the fridge so the chocolate and set. Once set, the copycat Snickers Crisper candy bars will be done. Enjoy!
What if I don’t have marshmallows?
Instead of using marshmallows and the butter you can use 3 tablespoons of corn syrup. It doesn’t taste quite the same as the marshmallow ones, but still very good.
How long do homemade Snickers Crisper candy bars last?
These candy bars if stored in an airtight container will last a few weeks at room temperature or even longer in the fridge. You can also freeze them if you like for a few months. Just take them out and set them at room temperature to thaw before eating them.
Here are a few other recipes you may like:
Snickers Crisper Copycat Recipe
- 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Spoon bowls
- parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate Light candy cocoa melts, chocolate chips, or chocolate bar (about 260 g)
- 1 1/4 cups Mini Marshmallows about 60 g
- 1 tbsp of butter 14 g
- 2/3 cup of Rice Krispies Toasted Rice Cereal crisped rice (15 g)
- 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts 94 g
- 3.5 ounces of caramels about 12 individually wrapped ones 100 g
- 1 tbsp. milk or cream 14ml
- Take the butter and add it to the marshmallows. Then melt them together. You can melt them in a pot on the stove or in the microwave. If using the microwave, start with about 15 to 20 seconds then stir, then repeat until nice and melted.
- Now stir in the peanuts and Rice Krispies/crisped rice. Work fairly quickly because it cools down quickly and gets harder to spread.
- Add the marshmallow mixture to a bread loaf pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using foil make sure to spray it with cooking spray. Spread it out so it is even on the bottom of the pan. Place a small piece of parchment paper on top and press down firmly packing it down. Then put the pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the fridge and remove the top piece of parchment paper. Add the milk/cream to the caramels and melt them in the microwave with bursts of 25 seconds and stirring in between. Or melt them in a pot on the stovetop with medium-low heat.Pour the melted caramel over the pan of marshmallow mixture and spread it out evenly with a spoon. Place the pan back in the fridge for about an hour, so the caramel can set.
- Once the caramel sets, melt the chocolate in the microwave using bursts of 25 seconds and stirring or use the double boiler method.Pull the candy bar base out of the pan and remove the foil/parchment paper. Cut it into 8 equal squares with a knife. Spray the knife with cooking spray to prevent the caramel from sticking to it.
- Now dip each candy bar square completely in melted chocolate. Place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Once you are done dipping the candy bars, put the pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the chocolate can fully set.Then eat them! Enjoy.
Do you like this recipe? Pin it! Please give it a rating and comment down below, I really appreciate it. If you make it tag me on Instagram @inthekitchenwithmatt. Also, sign up for the newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of my new posts and recipes.