This recipe for blondies is so easy to make and super yummy. Blondies are a cross between a cookie and a brownie, also referred to as blonde brownies. They are also perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! If I can do it, you can do it!
Servings: 12 people
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened or melted (113g) (you may use salted, but reduce the amount of table salt added by 1/4 tsp.)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 150g
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar 50g
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract 4ml
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 120g
- 1/2 tsp. of table salt 2g
- 2/3 cup pecans or walnuts 85g
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips 115g
Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C. In a large bowl cream together the egg, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and white sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Whisk together the flour and the salt and then add it to the batter, mix until well combined.
Fold in the nuts and white chocolate chips. Grease an 8x8 baking pan with shortening or use cooking spray. Evenly spray the blondies batter/dough into the pan. Bake on the middle rack position for 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top and slightly gooey in the middle. You can use aluminum foil on the top if it is getting too brown.
Once out of the oven, allow them to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into it and serving. Enjoy!