Easy Pico de Gallo
One of my favorite snacks is chips and salsa. I love a nice homemade pico de gallo. This recipe is super easy and comes together in less than 15 minutes. If I can do it, you can do it!
Servings: 6 people
Spatula or spoon
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes 4 to 5 medium tomatoes (400g)
- 1/2 cup diced/minced onion 1 small onion (75g)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup minced cilantro 1 to 2 handfuls (15g)
- 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeño 1 small jalapeño (30g)
- 2 tsp. lime juice about half a lime (10ml)
- 1 tsp. of salt kosher or table salt (5g)
- 3 cloves or about 2 Tbsp. of fresh minced garlic 30g
- 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper 2g
Begin by washing the tomatoes and the jalapeno. Dry them and then cut them up into really small chunks. Make sure to get all the seeds out of the jalapeno, unless you want it super spicy.
Peel and dice up the onion. Wash and dry the cilantro and remove the stems and then cut them really small. Peel and cut the garlic cloves into really small pieces.
Wash a lime and then cut it in half. Squeeze half of the lime into a bowl.
Now just combine the chopped tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. There you go, easy as that, fresh homemade pico de gallo. For a smooth restaurant-style salsa, pour the bowl of pico into a blender or food processor and blend it up until smooth.
Tip: For a less runny salsa, after chopping up the tomatoes. Add them to a bowl and then add a few pinches of salt. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes and then drain the water from them. Then proceed to mix everything together.
The nutritional facts are for the salsa itself not for anything extra like chips, etc.