7 Layer Dip
Nothing like a yummy homemade 7 layer dip. This is one of my favorite things to bring and eat at parties, gatherings, game days, etc.
Servings: 20 people
13x9 dish or trifle bowl
- 1 lb cooked ground beef/taco meat 400 to 850g
- 16 oz or 30 oz can of refried beans (400 to 850g)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of salsa 260 to 390g
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sour cream 240 to 360g
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of guacamole 336 to 448g
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese 84 to 125g
- 1/2 cup diced tomato 100g
- 1/2 cup sliced olives 90g
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion 50g
Begin by cooking your taco meat. Use your favorite ground beef taco meat, or use my recipe here on my website.
Spread out the refried beans in a 13x9 dish or trifle.
Next, spread the taco meat on top of the bean layer.
Now spread the salsa on top of the taco meat. Use your favorite store-bought salsa or homemade salsa. I have a yummy pico de gallo recipe here on my website you can try.
Then spread the sour cream layer over the salsa, or you can certainly reverse the two layers.
Next, spread the guacamole over the sour cream layer. Use your favorite store-bought guac or a homemade one. I have a great one here on my website.
Time to sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. If you are using block cheese, you will want to shred it first.
For the final layer sprinkle on diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, and chopped green onion. If you want some kick, add sliced jalapenos as well. Serve with chips and enjoy!
The nutritional facts will vary greatly depending on how much of each layer you use. Or if you make any substitutions. But this gives you a good idea.